• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Ok, this was only my third USPSA and I had a quandary. I wanted to shoot my full size CZ 75B because it was "tuned" for range and competition. Unfortunately, I lost the rear sight dots the last time I had her at the range. So I was going to take the compact, my EDC, like I had the previous two times. Love the compact but the 75B, although we used the same parts minus the Reach Reduction Kit, is the best trigger I have ever felt at around 6# DA. So I loaded up all my mags, etc. Then, that morning, I decided to try something different and put the compact slide on the full size (known in CZ speak as a semi-compact). The only issue I had was that genius boy loaded up for the compact including some mags with +2 baseplates. During the first stage I went to reload and, of course those mags will not seat in a full size. What was I thinking. Anyway, the gun shot great. It was very smooth and very accurate. The last stage was eight targets, two boxes, engage each target once, move to the next box while reloading then engage each target once again. The targets were in two lines of four. Each line in front of each box. So half the targets were across the way with the farthest about 20-25 yards. The half blind old man got 16 for 16 alphas. I was stoked. So, despite shooting with the compact barrel, accuracy did not suffer at all. Now to get some FO sights on my full size so I don't have to shoot the Frankengun next time. ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I still haven't gotten the FO sights. Prioritizing is not my strong suit. Anyway, USPSA today and once again I am going with the Frankengun. Wish me luck. ;)

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    If your talking rear sights, I black mine out. Gives a cleaner front sight focus. Give it try, you may like it.
    Dawson and Wilson both make adjustable rear sights plain black with no dots.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Horrible, as you know. It was good to meet you. I don't even know what other INGOers were there.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom