Feeler INMG @ Redbrush (Evansville, IN)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Anyone out there interested in seeing this happen? We would need help to get it started as INMG does not provide any equipment. Perhaps we could get the IDPA club envolved? What say you southern IN INGO?

Parker

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'd love to do see somebody take it up or maybe even USPSA to help go along with the IDPA shoots. I would love to shoot at one but I'm out of the rifle game and ammo is $$$ sadly. That may be the only hiccup in getting something like that off the ground is ammo for the rifle.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Yep Indiana Multi-gun Series. The matches are run as stand alone club matches. But you can, at the begining of the season, register for the "series" and earn points thru out the year. The end of the season there is a shoot-off to determine the winner for the year.

I thought it would be nice to get something else besides owensboro going. So post up if it is something that you all would be interested in helping set up and shooting. This might be a good way to bringe the gap between major state matches and club matches as INMG is sponsored. I am still learning about it myself.
    So more info incoming as I learn more from INMG president.

Parker

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Anyone out there interested in seeing this happen? We would need help to get it started as INMG does not provide any equipment. Perhaps we could get the IDPA club envolved? What say you southern IN INGO?

Parker

I think your biggest hurdle would be getting a range to do it. I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that RB won't and WSSC can't. Maybe someone with lots of land???

I enjoy multigun but have no interest in being part of the INMG series.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You don't have to join the series. You can just shoot the matches. I'd say we are about 60/40 split between series shooters and just in it for fun shooters.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Reason you think Redbrush won't? Just wondering?

Parker

Just recalling the epic battle of bays here a while back. Well, that and the history of, and I quote, "poo-poo on USPSA." Multigun is about the same, only with long guns.

I don't know who actually owns the stuff IDPA uses. Is it the IDPA club or the range? Either way, not for sure about that usage either.

But, I coud be wrong about all of it. If you want to see it happen it's worth a try.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Just recalling the epic battle of bays here a while back. Well, that and the history of, and I quote, "poo-poo on USPSA." Multigun is about the same, only with long guns.

I don't know who actually owns the stuff IDPA uses. Is it the IDPA club or the range? Either way, not for sure about that usage either.

But, I coud be wrong about all of it. If you want to see it happen it's worth a try.

I would like to see if others would be interested. I know that I am. The purpose of this thread was to see if others would be interested as well. If there is no one else interested I am not going to try to make it run. There would be no point as it would be an uphill battle with the folks that "poo poo'd USPSA".

I think that I remember Matt V. Saying that IDPA owned the stuff. So we would need to go thru them for start up gear.

Parker

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Reason you think Redbrush won't? Just wondering?

Parker

Speculation.
    They would be happy to see it go when more bays are available.
    To sell it now you need to make the case that it will make more club members happy about $'s and opportunity than you make unhappy about loss of bay access.

When I heard a couple of the long term board members talk about USPSA, the story I got was that no one wanted to own all the work involved for those matches. Since we are hit and miss about having someone who wants to own the work for IDPA (Eadens volunteer year will be up soon and I don't see crowds rushing in to take up the mantle, don't know if he is going to re-up or not) and that is much less work, I can see where USPSA could have died a natural death.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    That is good info. Maybe we would be able to pursue this more fully after they (if they ever do...) add more bays. It would still be nice to see who out there is interested in seeing this type of thing run. What about you Jeff handguns getting boring yet?

Parker

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    That is good info. Maybe we would be able to pursue this more fully after they (if they ever do...) add more bays. It would still be nice to see who out there is interested in seeing this type of thing run. What about you Jeff handguns getting boring yet?

Parker

I've never met a shooting sport that I didn't like, but I think I'm about handguns at least until my eyes get to the point where I have to give up on iron sights. Would like to see folks have success with 3 gun.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    3gun matches are a ****load of work and we have problems getting people to help now. We will be upping entry from $25 per event to $40 per event next season for that simple fact. If you help setup and tear down you don't pay a dime to shoot, but if you are just lazy or have some other excuse to not come help setup, then it's $40. If you live within 45min of the range that's hosting an event, you have no excuse.

Considering I drove 2 hours one way in 2012 to run the matches at Atlanta Conservation Club and ended up setting up 2 events by myself, no one else has a single excuse. I've gone to events all over the Midwest and its Indiana ONLY that has this lack of help problem.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I believe anything that takes the rifle bay away from the members right now would be a hard thing to get on the BOD. We already lose it for tactical rifle the last Sunday, F class the 3rd Sunday and bench-rest on another day. Now if you schedule after Fclass closes out and BR closes out for the year then you may have a chance. I have been inquiring about the 500 yard range for Appleseed at the September shoot and that is pretty much what we were told. But the Nov shoot is looking pretty good.
    Either way I wish you luck, I wish I could say that I would help but time just doesn't allow. I shot my first match in nearly a year last weekend just not enough weekends.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    $40 for a match is too much. Just my opinion.

Then come help or don't shoot. Simple as that. Match Directors don't get paid to do this. Its COMPLETELY VOLUNTEER and I can speak for the 3 of us that run the 3gun matches in Indiana, its bull**** to not have any help.

Top Bottom