• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Craig T

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Avon
    There is a carbine match tentatively scheduled for Saturday the 21. Anyone know if this is a go for sure or if its still up in the air?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    We are waiting for the board of directors at HCFG to approve/reject our course's of fire for the match. Until that happens nothing can move forward. We can not predict when, or even if, approval will be granted for the match to proceed in a timely manner. As soon as we receive notification one way or another we will send out notification. While we have been explicitly forbidden to make match announcements threw ingunowners for HCFG event's: We will at least post if the match is cancelled here as a curtsey to shooters who may attend.

Thanks,
    Mike C

Last edited:

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    While we have been explicitly forbidden to make match announcements threw ingunowners for HCFG event's:

You will have to explain this to me next time I see you.
    Daniel

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    While we have been explicitly forbidden to make match announcements threw ingunowners for HCFG event's:

You will have to explain this to me next time I see you.
    Daniel

OK getting a bit confused, are non-members welcome to this event? Getting a vibe maybe this match was only suppose to be "announced" through the good ole boy network (a club can do what it wants), but I don't want to come were I'm not welcomed.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My impression is that HCF&G operates by invitation only.

It was odd to see this thread on an open forum. Maybe they are opening the doors to outsiders???

Dtwentythree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Scottsburg
    I received an email invitation through the Carbine Shooters mailing address, but no one will return my multiple email questions or RSVP requests (to both HCFG and Carbine Shooters).
    A friend and I will be driving up from the Louisville area, so I'd appreciate some type of confirmation that we're even welcome.
    What is going on????

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    The rules and constraints that we operate under at HCFG are different then the rules we operate under at Atlanta Conservation Club (ACC). Namely at HCFG in order to participate

1) The shooter has to be either a member at HCFG or a member of AAC
    2) In lieu of one not be applicable the shooter has shot at a carbine match before and demonstrated to be a person of safe character

With those constraints in mind we are not allowed to advertise the matches to the public that are hosted at HCFG. Communications are suppose to flow threw the club to the "cleared group" so if you got an email you are good to go. However, in order to ensure we get previous shooters who have attend our matches in the past we have established a yahoo group, carbine_shooters, to A) make match announcements B) Distribute scores. The group is a new development that just happened this week because Yahoo decided to block our BCC emails to everyone who has shot at previous events.

However, to be very clear on this the above constraints do not apply when we host matches at ACC. For those match's we post publically on ingo, spam your email inbox about the match, and in generally do this two weeks out so we can maximize participation. That is because ACC has a different attendance policy for non-member shooters.

We are allowed to host theses events at the behest of each club's board of directories and as such we have to follow the rules and procedures they have established. We are sorry for the confusion this different set or rules has caused and I hope this clarifies the issue.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Hey things happen, but why announce a private match on a public section of the forum? I could understand if HCFG had its own section? Shouldn't a retraction be posted on the other carbine match thread so some poor guy doesn't show up at the match and get turned away?

Dtwentythree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Scottsburg
    Wow. Just wow.
    That would have been so easy to send out in the form of an email, and would have saved me and my friend a TON of trouble.
    Did you guys even get my emails?
    I'm extremely frustrated by the poor communication. A simple email reply would have prevented the confusion.
    I know the fudd-range rules are not your fault, but the poor communication is.
    The first match was a blast and I cannot wait to shoot in another. Hope you guys are able to work out the communication bugs before the next match.

thanks

*** Edited to add ***
    By the way. You can remove my match RSVP from your list. I know that I'm still welcome to shoot (previous shooter), but it would be a dick-move to leave my buddy at home after all this crap.

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Hey things happen, but why announce a private match on a public section of the forum? I could understand if HCFG had its own section? Shouldn't a retraction be posted on the other carbine match thread so some poor guy doesn't show up at the match and get turned away?

Someone else posted the match announcement on ingo: they didn't.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Top Bottom