• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    All,

Apparently yahoo is limiting our ability to send broad-cast message to our distribution list. For those of you who are interested in receiving email notifications on information related to our carbine matches at HCFG & ACC please join our yahoo group:

Yahoo! Groups

Some of you may have already received the invite, but we were limited to only doing 100 invites so large number of users who were already on our distribution list did not get an invite. Also, going forward scores will be distributed threw here as well and you will have to be a member to get your score.

Thanks,
    Mike C

Dtwentythree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Scottsburg
    The yahoo group messages aren't working for me. I cannot access the info. Is there any way you can shoot me an IM or something ?A friend and I would like to go, but need a little more info.

thanks

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    All,

The match for this Saturday is a GO! Sorry it took so long to get the word out, but we had several details we had to nail down. This match will be a mixture of both distance shooting and close up. The 100 yard stage will require 13 round minimum, but you will be allowed to load the gun to 20. For those with pistol-caliber only carbines we will cut the distance to the target in half to accommodate. Also, you are allowed to run two guns for the separate stages for safety reasons. As always NFA items are allowed, but for those using suppressors please be warned if the timer can't pick up your ending shots = no score. We will try to be accommodating, but we have to keep the match moving along. Also, please note SBR's are allowed but pistol style weapons are not (Example AR-15 pistol or anything else classified by the ATF as a "pistol" that is not an SBR). Below is the "official" match announcement.

Thanks,
    The Mike's

Date: Saturday Sept 21th
    Setup Time: 7:30AM
    Shooter Registration: 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM
    Safety Briefing: 9:30-9:45 AM
    Stages: 5 COF
    Round Count: Approx 100
    Match Fee: $15; $5 military/LE with ID; $3 open bolt indicators
    HCFG will be holding tactical carbine match this Saturday morning Sept 21th.
    First you must RSVP. This gives us the ability to plan for the total number of shooters for the day. If you don't RSVP there is a $5 fee on top of the match fee. Second, weather can sometime be an issue, on days that weather is a concern please check the website Hamilton County Fish & Game - Welcome! for any cancellations. If we cancel the match that is the first place we will post it, after that we will TRY to e-mail everyone if possible.
    HCFG is a cold range the day of the match. We welcome all of our club members as well as IDPA members to any of our IDPA events. Note that this match is not affiliated with IDPA but the rules will be similar to IDPA.
    Please open attachment Tactical Carbine Match for detailed information on equipment and expectations for all shooters at this match.
    Open bolt indicators are mandatory for this match and will be available for sale for $3 at match if needed. On arrival at match, please leave guns bagged until directed otherwise.
    The safety briefing is MANDATORY for all shooters, miss the briefing miss the match!
    We have a special $5 match fee for all law enforcement officers or military showing proper identification.
    We will have 100 yard COF for rifles and 50 yard COF for pistol caliber carbines.

*** Shooters may bring a separate scoped rifle for 100 stage if they wish***

Classifications:
    Carbine/Rifle without optics
    Carbine/Rifle with optics
    Pistol caliber carbine - Uzi, MP5, Beretta Storm etc
    Korean War/WW2 - M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, etc

Craig T

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Avon
    uh oh the "explicitly forbidden" Match announcement has been made on INGO... what shall we ever do :ingo:

Dtwentythree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Scottsburg
    Thank you Happygunner. I joined the Yahoo thing, but apparently it hates me and wouldn't work properly. I'll get our names emailed to the Mikes to RSVP.
    Thanks again

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    uh oh the "explicitly forbidden" Match announcement has been made on INGO... what shall we ever do :ingo:

I don't understand why as it's free advertising for them, more people aware, more income for the event. I heard that club is so strict that they only allow certain number of people to shoot on events. Well, they are forbidden to share but they didn't say that I'm forbidden to share the info. So I'll help out until I'm told not to share it.

dennymac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    La Grange, KY
    Good morning to all. When I saw a posting for a 'Carbine Match', the AR15 never entered my mind. I shoot a lot of the CMP matches, and naturally went to the M1 Carbine as the firearm of the day. It sounds like your match was well attended. I hope for the best for you and your group. I also run matches at the Southern Indiana Rifle & Pistol Club as well as High Power and Long Range 1000 Prone and F Class matches at Fort Knox. Believe me when I say that I understand the logistics of running a match. I do not understand all of the reasons for not having the public attend the matches, but I do understand a few of them. Our High Power matches require that a new shooter has attended a clinic or has an experienced shooter 'sponsor' him for the first couple of matches. Basically, the experienced shooter leads the newbie around and makes sure that they are in compliance with the rules and safety requirements.
    Again, thanks for doing the job, and I wish you the best.
    Check out our web site for other areas of competition. We are having a Hunting Rifle match on Saturday October 12. The targets are African game animals at 4 distances and steel gongs also at different distances. We also host a 500 yard practice day on the first Saturday of most months. October and December are the next 2 scheduled. Membership is not required to attend any of our events. Please contact me for more information. DennyMac

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Good morning to all. When I saw a posting for a 'Carbine Match', the AR15 never entered my mind. I shoot a lot of the CMP matches, and naturally went to the M1 Carbine as the firearm of the day. It sounds like your match was well attended. I hope for the best for you and your group. I also run matches at the Southern Indiana Rifle & Pistol Club as well as High Power and Long Range 1000 Prone and F Class matches at Fort Knox. Believe me when I say that I understand the logistics of running a match. I do not understand all of the reasons for not having the public attend the matches, but I do understand a few of them. Our High Power matches require that a new shooter has attended a clinic or has an experienced shooter 'sponsor' him for the first couple of matches. Basically, the experienced shooter leads the newbie around and makes sure that they are in compliance with the rules and safety requirements.
    Again, thanks for doing the job, and I wish you the best.
    Check out our web site for other areas of competition. We are having a Hunting Rifle match on Saturday October 12. The targets are African game animals at 4 distances and steel gongs also at different distances. We also host a 500 yard practice day on the first Saturday of most months. October and December are the next 2 scheduled. Membership is not required to attend any of our events. Please contact me for more information. DennyMac

Video footage from a few previous matches to better illustrate the concept.

http://cofexchange.com/office-space.wmv

http://cofexchange.com/temp.wmv

Top Bottom