• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Craig T

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Avon
    What mag carriers are you using for idpa? I'm looking to upgrade from fobus paddle. Looking for mag carriers I can use for both idpa and uspsa production. Christmas is coming :):

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    How many mags do you want to carry? I had a guy who made my holster(Kydex), make me a mag carrier that holds two.

Craig T

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Avon
    i was looking at the safariland model 773... I have a 50% off card that expires the end of December... only thing is, it says its legal for uspsa production... but says nothing about idpa... any thoughts?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I just looked at those and they appear to be ok for IDPA. If they aren't, they would be so close probably no one will care. It has to cover 2" of the mag I believe. I'd call Safariland and ask if it does. They have great customer service.

indycruzr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Indy Westside
    I will jump in here and agree with an earlier post regarding Comp-Tac mag holders. I use singles, but I do know some folks who use the double carriers. Again, I use them both for IDPA and USPSA Production.

Thoughts on the Safariland, they would probably be ok for a local IDPA match, but there are equipment check stages as you move up to State, Regional, and National competitions. Sign-up for Comp-Tac news letter...they have discounts multiple times a year.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I like the Comp-Tac mag carriers, too although I prefer the double-mag set up. My Comp-Tac gear is fantastic and I don't regret a single cent I spent on it despite a higher price tag than some other manufacturer's products.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I have both blade tech and comp tac stuff. I prefer blade tech myself. The OP had a 50% off safariland though. I've never seen anything that cheap on comptac or bladetech.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Have you thought about having a local Kydex holster maker,making you some? I had some 2 mag units made for me. I picked the direction, color and belt size. Plus he used my mags to ensure a perfect fit(they do have a tension screw though).

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    just some more scoop on the wilson carriers.... i started off w/ bladetech. while taking a class w/ ernie langdon he saw i was occasionally struggling to quickly snatch the mag from the carrier and he recommended the wilsons (what he was using at the time). They are open in the front and as you draw allow you to rock the mag forward and out (don't require a perfectly straight up draw). he said he had ditched bladetech carriers for the same reason. a good tool in a game where you can't have adjustable tension. Bill W is above all else a capitalist, so I can't imagine he'd make a rule that makes his own product illegal...

-rvb

Last edited:

pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    I shoot IDPA with a Glock 17.
    I've used the double Fobus carriers, they work but that's about it
    Two of the cheap Glock single mag carriers work great.
    The Blade Tech double mag carriers are what I use the most.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I use the Blade-Tech double mag pouches with the tek-lok belt clips. They work great for me. I have used the fobus mag carriers in the past, but I prefer the Blade-Tech.

Top Bottom