• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Easy one - I saw you should bring 5 mags to FNS. I understand for my Buckmark 5 mags would probably be necessary. What about shooting my XDm 9 that holds 19 in the mags? Would I still need 5 mags? I just ordered some online, so it doesn't matter either way - I'm just curious. I'm going next month for the 1st time and bringing at least 2 friends. I've read the numbers have been up!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I think they require five mags regardless, but last time there was a guy there in your shoes and they made him enter limited so he could load the mags to capacity.... maybe someone else can comment on this.... if you run out of ammo though you take max time on the rest of the strings of fire. how many 19 round mags do you have?

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    how many 19 round mags do you have?

right now, I have 3 (19 rounders). I just ordered 3 more yesterday that I will have by then. I just don't know the play book out there of how you shoot. I didn't even realize the different classes. I thought the different calibers determined the class. I'm learning.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    come 1 time and you will figure things out pretty quick... i promise you will not be disapointed. although i dont anticipate you placing anything but last..... not a knock on your skill by why would you want to bring an xd to a gunfight?
    just playing... hope to see you there.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    come 1 time and you will figure things out pretty quick... i promise you will not be disapointed. although i dont anticipate you placing anything but last..... not a knock on your skill by why would you want to bring an xd to a gunfight?

my xdm 9 is cheaper to shoot than my G23. I think I'll be using a buckmark. Is that a pretty competitive class? I can't afford to shoot much else!

tackleberry65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    speedway
    my xdm 9 is cheaper to shoot than my G23. I think I'll be using a buckmark. Is that a pretty competitive class? I can't afford to shoot much else!

There are always a few guys with .22lr semis. Makes me jealous that they spend more on the entrance fee than on ammo. lol It's a pretty competitive class but in a good way. The guys there can really shoot but aren't snobby about it.

You should be ok with 3 mags. I only used a couple of rounds from a 4th mag during a particularly bad stage of shooting on my part. :ugh:

Have fun and good luck. It's a great way to spend a Friday night.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

sounds like a comment I made to Colt45er :D

:hehe:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    People there are nice and if you ask they might even load a mag for you while you shoot.

we're nice, but they won't let you do it. I made the mistake of walking up to the line a mag short, and couldn't grab another once I started shooting.... had six loaded mags sittin on my bag.

So many people, so many stages, gotta keep moving.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    There are always a few guys with .22lr semis. Makes me jealous that they spend more on the entrance fee than on ammo. lol It's a pretty competitive class but in a good way. The guys there can really shoot but aren't snobby about it.

You should be ok with 3 mags. I only used a couple of rounds from a 4th mag during a particularly bad stage of shooting on my part. :ugh:

Have fun and good luck. It's a great way to spend a Friday night.

did someone say .22!!!!! Bring a gun and have some fun!

AR-1522-finished-maybe001.jpg

22Abullbarrel.jpg

MarkII-2003.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Never

I have never posted Pics of my .22 collection because it would take 2 long. Repair might have the AR22's tied up but I have the handgun and rifle section locked in. I have only let the guys at FNS see a portion of my toys. Shooter521 can vouch for the amount of .22's I have. I also have the market cornered on ammo. I am approaching 50,000 rds stored. may not be deadly but it will be a while before I ever run out.

Top Bottom