• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    Good news!...I consistently shot .10 spits tonight!

Bad news....rapid fire 22 round mag dump with .10 splits in A zone gets you kicked out of Indy Trading Post!

funny ****!

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    you can easily nail .10s with this trigger. Next time you go to atlanta...let me know. I will come let you shoot it. Saturday it was cold and rainy, my hands were frozen and splits sucked. warm hands made a huge difference tonight.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Good news!...I consistently shot .10 spits tonight!

Bad news....rapid fire 22 round mag dump with .10 splits in A zone gets you kicked out of Indy Trading Post!

funny ****!

Hahaha. I told u when I left to follow the rules!!!!! That's funny **** and I would expect nothing less.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Ha ha, nice. I've hit 10s before, 09 once or twice, but couldnt run a string of 10s for sure. 12s maybe. was once told at an indoor range in MD, "we don't allow machine guns here." Haha.

Got a range officer huffy when I asked why I was getting picked on when my "rapid fire" group was a fraction the size of the guy in the next stall who was carefully aiming each shot... shouldn't he be the one getting *****ed at for being 'out of control'? Haha..

-rvb

Last edited:

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Lmao. So this gives me an idea. We should get a bunch of uspsa shooters down at atterbury and have a pistol "mad minute". On the line with mag dumps for a solid minute. Frank's head would explode!!!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Lmao. So this gives me an idea. We should get a bunch of uspsa shooters down at atterbury and have a pistol "mad minute". On the line with mag dumps for a solid minute. Frank's head would explode!!!

They're rather restrictive of "rapid fire" there...fortunately or unfortunately.

Jesse Tischauser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I don't think I've ever seen anything faster than a .13 or .14. Which is bewildering to me because I have pretty fast hands.

What do you focus on when trying to get fast splits? Pulling fast or pulling short or anything but pulling the trigger?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Ha ha, nice. I've hit 10s before, 09 once or twice, but couldnt run a string of 10s for sure. 12s maybe. was once told at an indoor range in MD, "we don't allow machine guns here." Haha.

Got a range officer huffy when I asked why I was getting picked on when my "rapid fire" group was a fraction the size of the guy in the next stall who was carefully aiming each shot... shouldn't he be the one getting *****ed at for being 'out of control'? Haha..

-rvb

LMAO. This whole thread makes me chuckle. This is exactly what's wrong with our society today. "Sir, stop resisting."

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    I don't think I've ever seen anything faster than a .13 or .14. Which is bewildering to me because I have pretty fast hands.

What do you focus on when trying to get fast splits? Pulling fast or pulling short or anything but pulling the trigger?

HAHA I have no idea! I couldn't get below .14 and then I got a new trigger job. I was just on fire that night! very relaxed just having fun. I think the key is being relaxed. Saturday I didn't get below .14. It will probably never happen again!. RVB can probably tell you...I think he mentioned his trick was playing the piano his whole life? I know an awesome trigger helps.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've gone below 0.10 second splits for about half of a magazine with a factory stock Kimber Target Custom .38 super a few years ago. I had a couple of splits that were 0.07 seconds that were not echoes. I posted about it on the Enos forums back then, so you could probably find the list of the splits if you go there and search.

Now, I missed the target on all but the first shot, but I had a lot of brass in the air at one time. Making a gun cycle fast is not even close to shooting fast shots. The latter requires keeping the gun aligned with the target through the whole process. I was just seeing how fast I could empty the gun.

The key is relaxing everything but what needs to be flexed at the time you press you the trigger and have a trigger with a really short reset so you don't waste any motion. You also have to have a neuromuscular system that will make your finger move that fast.

For what it's worth, in junior high we used to see who could turn a stopwatch on an off the fastest. I won.

Another way to do it is to relax a lot and let the gun rock in your hand (a la bump fire with a rifle), but I've never done that.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    RVB can probably tell you...I think he mentioned his trick was playing the piano his whole life? I know an awesome trigger helps.

The piano comment was just being facetious. The trick really is just being relaxed, letting the weak hand do the majority of the gripping, and going for it.

an awesome trigger may help, but I've gotten the same splits whether it was my 92, my g34, or my open 2011. Iow, if you can't do it, don't blame th trigger.

Riddle: how do you make a Glock trigger feel awesome? Spend some time w a stock 642 first! Haha.

I've gone below 0.10 second splits for about half of a magazine with a factory stock Kimber Target Custom .38 super a few years ago. I had a couple of splits that were 0.07 seconds that were not echoes. I posted about it on the Enos forums back then, so you could probably find the list of the splits if you go there and search.

Now, I missed the target on all but the first shot, but I had a lot of brass in the air at one time. Making a gun cycle fast is not even close to shooting fast shots. The latter requires keeping the gun aligned with the target through the whole process. I was just seeing how fast I could empty the gun.

The key is relaxing everything but what needs to be flexed at the time you press you the trigger and have a trigger with a really short reset so you don't waste any motion. You also have to have a neuromuscular system that will make your finger move that fast.

I saw a mag of 0.07s once.... But it wasn't my awesome triggering skills..... Learned an important lesson about tuning 1911 triggers :)

shooting at at high speed is the real goal. Add in transitions for real fun... Set up 3 targets, maybe a yd between each, two rds per target and try to keep all th splits under .13, and yes, go for As.... That's FUN. :)

Its a very perishable skill which has, unfortunately for me, perished some time ago :(

-rvb

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    shooting at at high speed is the real goal. Add in transitions for real fun... Set up 3 targets, maybe a yd between each, two rds per target and try to keep all th splits under .13, and yes, go for As.... That's FUN. :)

Indeed! Target to target transitions under some ridiculously low time is a skill or fast splits and still getting good hits is a skill. Fast shot-to-shot splits (at least the way I did it) without regard for anything else is a circus trick.

Top Bottom