• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    What is everyone using for Speedloader holders for IDPA? I was going to use Safariland CD2 which is okay for USPSA but not IDPA. I plan on using Safariland comp 3 speed loaders. Seems like there is very little options out there. Thanks for the replies. Jim

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    At $35 each, Was hoping for something a little cheaper but may just go for it. Thought about making my own also. IDPA has made it tough for the revolver guys. Jim

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    IDPA has made it tough for the revolver guys. Jim

Not the first time. An S&W 625 with a 5 inch barrel was specifically listed in the rule book. After I bought one and had it tuned up, they changed the rules, out lawing the revolver THEY recommended. (After I tied up the better part of $9 large) How is a .45 caliber six shooter an unfair advantage over a 10 shot semi auto? I actually wrote a letter to IDPA, who of course did not respond.

mssmith44

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    I am using a model 66 smith K frame. I like K frame but the top dogs seem to like L frames.
    I got those speedloader pouches on ebay pretty cheap. There might be a way to saw a safariland 333 down to
    2 and 1 which would be a good choice. 2 in front of the holster one behind. Just a thought.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not the first time. An S&W 625 with a 5 inch barrel was specifically listed in the rule book. After I bought one and had it tuned up, they changed the rules, out lawing the revolver THEY recommended. (After I tied up the better part of $9 large) How is a .45 caliber six shooter an unfair advantage over a 10 shot semi auto? I actually wrote a letter to IDPA, who of course did not respond.

Why didn't they allow the 625? Caliber? Barrel length?

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Last I knew 4.25" was the max, shorter was ok.

Allmost correct; lenghth is actually 4.2" maximum, shorter is fine. I shoot either a 625 in ESR or a 66 in SSR an I believe my holders for the SSR are Blade-tech, I just looked but couldn't find a name on them. I have a single and a double and they work fine with the Safariland comp-3's. Jim.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have looked for the Bladetech with no luck. I think I can use a Uncle Mikes double Generic mag pouch that never really fit Magazines but it may work with speed loaders. Jim

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom