• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    I haven't seen any either. Maybe one of the ranges down by Evansville might have something. I believe I've seen a few advertised for Michigan but I never looked at them any further. Unfortunately Indiana doesn't have much when it comes to rifle matches.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I haven't seen any either. Maybe one of the ranges down by Evansville might have something. I believe I've seen a few advertised for Michigan but I never looked at them any further. Unfortunately Indiana doesn't have much when it comes to rifle matches.

???

You can shoot a rifle match of one type or another every weekend somewhere in the state or surrounding states during the shooting season. Even right now, there are winter off hand matches at www.fwrr.us. The next one is noon on Sunday the 12th. It only costs 5 bucks to shoot and nobody cares what centerfire rifle you shoot with.

Then there are the small bore rifle matches at the eel river gun club on Jerry Johnson's farm near Churubusco every week of the year.

I have to admit, long range benchrest is scarce in the 5 state area. We have a great benchrest setup at FWRR for 100 and 200 yards but the program died a few years ago due to lack of participation. Those 12 benches just sit there. Unused except by casual shooters. Benchrest seems to appeal to only a very narrow band of rifle shooters. I think because of the extreme cost of the equipment in order to be competitive.

I think shooting from position with a real rifle suitable for a rifleman is more interesting and challenging. JMHO.

Here is the 10 state schedule. It normally is filled out by March of each year. There are rifle shooters that spend their weekends traveling around to rifle matches. Bigdaddy1427 and I are guilty of being just a couple of rifle shooters that enjoyed showing up and taking other peoples money when we were younger. Anyway, check it out......http://www.illinoishighpower.org/10-state_schedule/10-state_schedule.html

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    BR shooting is basically competitive reloading. As dean mentioned between the cost of reloading equipment, and the cost of the rifle you HAVE to have to be competitive there just isnt a lot of interest.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    ???

You can shoot a rifle match of one type or another every weekend somewhere in the state or surrounding states during the shooting season. Even right now, there are winter off hand matches at www.fwrr.us. The next one is noon on Sunday the 12th. It only costs 5 bucks to shoot and nobody cares what centerfire rifle you shoot with.

The only thing standing in the way of you seeing my ugly mug tomorrow is 147 miles and 2 hours, 16 minutes. :tantrum:

Top Bottom