• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diverjes06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    GREENWOOD
    With the State SS/Prod/Revo match probably being the first match of the year, I was wondering if anyone has tips on staying sharp when you can actually shot matches......

David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Make your dry fire as realistic as possible. Use a mix of full and reduced size targets as your space allows. Set up a stage, do your walk through, visualize your plan, use a shot timer or timer ap, think about what went wrong and right, try variations, move the targets and repeat. Hula hoops make good cheap shooting boxes. An airsoft or SIRT pistol can be very helpful. Use this to augment regular technique isolation type dry fire. The first match of the year is alway tough. Good luck!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Watch plenty of youtube videos. You can learn to do lots of things that used to take time and effort in the old fashioned past with training, practice, and sweat.

Heck, watch a video to learn how to build your next pistol. If it doesn't function, ask lots of unknown people on the internet how to fix it.

This has become a rant. I will stop now.

Dry fire practice is key to staying in form. I also shoot bullseye pistol in the winter every chance I get to develop accuracy and trigger control and to feel the recoil. If you can shoot a DA revolver accurately, it will improve your work with any other pistol. Making that gun go off precisely when you want it to is very desireable.

Top Bottom