• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Owen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Fishers
    I want to go out to Atlanta tomorrow to shoot in the USPSA match. I have looked through the rules and am pretty sure I'm ok on equipment.

My question is about the classifier system. I don't really understand what is going on there, can anyone lay it out simply so that I don't have to try to figure it out from a 70 page rulebook?

Thanks...

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    First off for the classifier system to work for you you have to be a USPSA member.

There are different levels of skill assigned to competitors.
    Grand Master
    Master
    A
    B
    C
    D

The classifiers are what measures your skill level.
    For example the classifier for tomorrow you would have to get 60 points and complete the course in 11 seconds for it to classify as B shooting level. ( This is if your shooting production)
    As a new member I believe you have to shoot 6 classifiers to get ranked.

There is more to it as far as continuous ranking, what scores will be counted and so on. I don't fully understand the whole system either. Maybe someone with more knowledge could elaborate. I suggest reading the book.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes - you do not need to be classified to shoot a USPSA match or to shoot the classifier stage at the match.

Classifiers are courses of fire that are standardized and published in a book. The simple explanation is that if you are a USPSA member and you shoot one, your Hit Factor, expressed as points per second, is ranked nationally against everyone who has shot that classifier.

Let's say that the high hit factor on a classifier is 10.000 and when you shoot it, your hit factor is 6.000, simple math tells you that your score is 60% of the top score. In the USPSA classification system, if your top 6 of the most recent 8 average 60%, you are in B-class within your division (Open, Limited, etc.).

Classified or not - come shoot the match. Lots of fun and arguably the best overall handgun skills test you'll find.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Once you are a USPSA member your first four classifications will get you classfied. Then it is the best six of your most recent eight.

Classifications are so that you can compare your results with people of a similar ability.

Feel free to squad with Rhino, Bigcraig and I tomorrow.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Let me guess, you're gonna wear cleats too?

No, but only because I didn't think of it and I didn't read your message until just now!

Report: I shot the lady's purse gun. I had a miss on the classifier (times two), which I didn't realize was the classifier until after I found out I had the miss. The worst part is, I actually tried to run between boxes, or at least scamper more quickly than usual, and it was for naught.

I am upset that I exerted extra effort for no good reason.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    No, but only because I didn't think of it and I didn't read your message until just now!

Report: I shot the lady's purse gun. I had a miss on the classifier (times two), which I didn't realize was the classifier until after I found out I had the miss. The worst part is, I actually tried to run between boxes, or at least scamper more quickly than usual, and it was for naught.

I am upset that I exerted extra effort for no good reason.

Your problems are small compared to mine. I shot a 94% on that according to the calculator and that may throw me into Master. It is just too close to call.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    Your problems are small compared to mine. I shot a 94% on that according to the calculator and that may throw me into Master. It is just too close to call.
    This could be tragic, with the Mississippi Classic just days after your classification update! I might be the only one of us that doesn't move up right before the match.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This could be tragic, with the Mississippi Classic just days after your classification update! I might be the only one of us that doesn't move up right before the match.

No Jake is safe as well he has sand bagged long and hard enough to be safe. He will be writing a letter that keeps me in A if it comes to that.

Speaking of the Mississippi Trip I have planned our educational field trip. It will take place on the way down. We need to find out if our carry permits are good for Mississippi are good, because the 1.5 asians we have on the trip are likely not going to be safe if everything I have read is true.

Hint read up on Emmett Till. Money, Mississippi here we come.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    No Jake is safe as well he has sand bagged long and hard enough to be safe. He will be writing a letter that keeps me in A if it comes to that.

Speaking of the Mississippi Trip I have planned our educational field trip. It will take place on the way down. We need to find out if our carry permits are good for Mississippi are good, because the 1.5 asians we have on the trip are likely not going to be safe if everything I have read is true.

Hint read up on Emmett Till. Money, Mississippi here we come.
    Mississippi doesn't honor Indiana carry licenses. I guess you asians better not pick on any white women in the convenience stores.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Mississippi doesn't honor Indiana carry licenses. I guess you asians better not pick on any white women in the convenience stores.

First off us Asians are very respectful of women so I anticpate no problems what so ever.

Second of all the website for the Mississippi State police shows that Indiana's permit is good to go there.

Third like normal I plan to get by on the good will of my fellow man and the forbearance of reptiles.

Top Bottom