• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Come out and join us for Hillside Shooting Sports Indiana Multigun Series Event #3 Sunday, 4-27-2014. It will be a fun and challenging test of your rifle, handgun, and shotgun skills. We are planning on 7, yes 7 courses of fire.

MATCH DATE: Sunday April 27, 2014
    Shooters' Meeting: 10:15 AM(following the RO meeting)
    Match starts immediately following shooters' meeting
    RULES: Indiana Multi-Gun Rules
    Please see our website, IndianaMultiGun.com for more info.
    MATCH FEE: $25 Adult.

SET-UP: Set-up will be on Saturday before the match and will be done by the Hillside Shooting Team, but if you are in the area and would like to come help setup, please email me and lmk you are coming. Setup will begin at 4pm and run until dark with finishing touches done the next morning if need be.

Approximate Minimum Round count:
    Rifle – 100
    Handgun - 100
    Birdshot – 100
    Slug – 5

I recommend that you bring double the numbers above for the ammo that you bring to the match. You can always take ammo back home with you, but running out at the match is a bummer!

There will be no classifiers at this match. The June 15, 2014 Hillside event will be a Classifier Match with 6 classifiers.

If you shot one of our Multi-Gun matches before, you can expect this match’s difficulty level to be similar. If haven’t shot one of our Multi-Gun matches, you may find this match to be somewhat more demanding than your typical USPSA or IDPA club pistol match— expect some shots to be a bit more technically demanding, and some shooting positions to be a bit more awkward physically.

It will benefit you to know the point of impact (POI) of all 3 of your guns, from contact distance out to approximately 265 yards with Rifle and 50 yards with Slug. Long Range Rifle Targets will be 1/2 Case IPSC AR500 Fuhrman Precision Flash Targets. Slug Targets will be Full Size IPSC Paper.

Please see our website, IndianaMultiGun.com for more info.

NOTE: that all matches at Hillside, ACC, Wildcat Valley and NPCCC are conducted under a COLD RANGE as per USPSA rules. All guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. Long guns should remain bagged, or in a rack with an open action, and/or an "empty chamber indicator" (flag) in place. It is the shooter's responsibility to ensure that the muzzle of any gun is never pointed in an unsafe direction. You may only handle your gun only at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas. Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Scores have been sent out to the Google Group email list.

If you are not on that list, please to go to indianamultigun.com and do so. ALL SCORING UPDATES WILL BE SENT TO THAT GROUP.
    Scores will be posted on IndianaMultigun.com within one week. This allows for a 1 week arbitration.

Congrats to the Division Winners:
    Open - Brian Butcher
    Tac Optics - Corey Schwanz
    Tac Limited - John Kivett

Overall winner Brian Butcher.

Sadly, Stage 5 had to be thrown out due to a poorly written Stage Brief that did not specify a start position. This caused issues with some squads being forced to start from one position much farther back in the stage and some squads starting much further up the stage giving a much bigger advantage.

The day went very long, with 75 shooters in attendance and very high winds causing lots of re-shoots. All in all, a good event with some small things that need changed for the next one.

Thanks to everyone for coming out.

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    Thanks to all involved at Hillside who helped put on the match yesterday. That has to be the longest "local" match I ever shot. LOL I left at 5am & got home at 9pm! I'm not complaining, as I had a great time with a great squad with some great stages. I definitely need to work on my rifle skills as they are non-existent. I timed out on the long range rifle stage. Bummer! It's too bad stage 5 got thrown out. That was one of the cooler stages with a ton of options on how to shoot it. I like that you could pick the guns you thought were best for the different targets. If it only said in the stage description you can start anywhere on the stage. I'm surprised we didn't catch that when we did the RO walkthrough. Oh well. We will definitely be doing stages like that at NPCCC in a month.

I would like to hear how people shot stage 5. There were so many different ways. My whole squad started all the way up range at the rearmost dump barrel. I chose to shoot only pistol for the stage. I went all the way to the right first & cleared everything thru the port that was close, then did a reload, ran a few steps around the corner shot the star & two plates, then took out the small rifle paper & plate rack from the same position I shot the star at. My time was 29 seconds with no penalties. How did you do it?

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I shot the minis with my rifle from the front table then dumped it and went to my pistol for the star, then to the left for the clamshell and paper targets and knockdowns and then up to the plate rack. Def an interesting stage and I liked all the options it gave.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I shot the minis from the rear dump barrel with my rifle and dumped it empty in the front right barrel. Went to pistol and shot the paper & steel there, then dumped it empty in the dump box. Picked up the shotgun from the barrel at the table & shot the steel, star, and plate rack. Lotsa options there.

Great match by the way, those long range stages kicked my butt! Definitely need some work between that and the shotgun reloading. Thanks to all who put it on!

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Nice match Jon. Did go too long but oh well. I think these need to start at least a half hour earlier and more importantly on time. I had a terrible match but its OK. I was woefully unprepared this match unlike last year. My fault. I did like the way the stage let everyone do things very differently. If its not windy next one how about stretching the long stuff closer to 400 for a try at least one flasher?

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thank you to everyone that helped put on the match! Left the house at 7am back home at 9pm wife was at home with two kids on a Sunday. I'm lucky I didn't get shot on arrival! Stage 5 was fun sorry to hear it was tossed. I shot the minis from the back dumped the rifle in the back picked up the shotgun and used the shotgun for the 5star and the two steel dropped the shotgun and used the pistol for the rest. As far as time I would call it about slow

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    Here's some of my match. Good & the bad. Only videoed four of the stages.

[video=youtube;TDLj0q1jywg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDLj0q1jywg&list=UU-xQuY7sxy-B1i8Dpn_Z9LA&feature=share[/video]

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Sadly with Practiscore when you throw a stage out it is completely deleted.

Getting started on time is always iffy, as there are a ton of last minute things that pop up that need done that aren't noticed until an RO walk through is done. Starting earlier would be great, but that would mean the setup crew had to get there at 6:30am instead of 7:30am to start hanging paper and other things that aren't done night before.

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    Practiscore worked awesome at the match. It is definitely the future for all shooting sports scoring methods. We had no issues all day with the Nook. The learning curve was small on how to use Practiscore. If the offer still stands I would like to use the Nooks at NPCCC May 25th. We will be getting our own soon, but maybe not by the 25th. The only thing I don't know how to do is setup the shooters & squad them correctly. Is it best to have paper squad list at sign up, then transfer all the shooters to correct Nook's / squads? I need a crash course in that dept. Also never did get to see how they sync up.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Yea, that was my fault with the registration. I completely forgot to print off some paper squad sign up sheets. Have everyone sign up on the squad sign in sheet and then input them from there. Our IT Guy Tim is the one who did everything with the Nook and he will show you how to do all that for your event.

I will not be at the May 18th ACC event as I have to work EMS that day. But I'll be at your event Pete. I work the day before but we will be up.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    It was a fun match John, thank you and your crew for all the hard work. I have to remember to correct for wind, I think the was my biggest issue on the long range stage.

I shot stage 5 starting with rifle at the back barrel taking the mini IPSC, dumping empty rifle, ran up to the table cleared star and other targets from there then over to the port for those, then around the corner performing a flawless tactical fall and bounce up to the dog leg for the plates.

Although it seems like a split second, the fall added some time I think.

Top Bottom