ANYONE INTERESTED IN A USPSA MATCH ON THE SECOND SATURDAY AT SCGC?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    I'm posting to see who would be interested in attending a USPSA match at the South Central Gun Club on the second Saturday of each month. Currently our club has one on the first Sunday of the month that is very well attended. I'm asking because I don't shoot on Sundays, due to my religious beliefs, and almost ALL USPSA matches held in Indiana are on Sundays for some reason. So this is your chance church folks and those that NEED your USPSA fix on Saturdays!!

Please reply if you would be willing to attend. If I can get a good following I will approach the club officers.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Saturday is most clubs setup day, due to the need for people to help. If you want a match on Saturday, you'll need to start setting up on a Thursday or Friday, the earlier the better. That means you need enough manpower and time to setup for a Saturday match. Currently, SCGC has their setup day on the Saturday before and the morning of.

We are lucky at Silver Creek, Dave and I have open schedules, but we still have to start setting up on Wednesday of match week, and even with some help we still have final work to do on a Saturday.

Since Silver Creek shoots on the 2nd Sunday, that would stepping on our final setup day, so no, I would not attend nor would a few others from down this way.

If you really can't miss church one Sunday, then why not put if forth to have it on the Saturday of SCGC's weekend?

If you do, then you more than likely will run into the same problem, manpower for set up at the end of the workweek for a Saturday match.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    South Central Gun Club hosts steel challenge matches on the second Saturday of the month. I can not speak for the officers but there are already two scheduled weekends every month. During these activities the range is not available to the other members. I would encourage you to support the Saturday steel challenge matches as we would very much like to see this event become very successful.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Doesn't SCGC shoot steel on the second Saturday?
    FYI Owensboro Ky shoots on the 3rd Saturday and Rockcastle in KY. shoots the 4th Saturday. I know it is a drive but it is available.

Looks like Vert. posted about steel while I was typing

wva3470

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Since I lost my previous post, here's the short version.
    1-Current IPSC/USPSA shooting schedule is saturated.
    2-If you want a Saturday IPSC match at SCGC, do it on the set-up day for the Sunday match, using the same course of fire for both days.
    3-If you keep the Steel Match, get the word out more. I think it WILL thrive with time.
    4-Too many NEW matches start detracting from the one already established.
    5-Thanks to ALL the clubs, officers, and those that continuously help set up the matches.
    6-Whatever you decide I will help all I can.
    Thanks,
    Bill

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Good matches can be set up, shot, and torn down on the same day. I know a place where it happens month after month, and year after year. I would like to have the option to shoot a match on Saturday once in awhile. Lots of folks work six days a week and that means Saturday is not an option for them.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm posting to see who would be interested in attending a USPSA match at the South Central Gun Club on the second Saturday of each month. Currently our club has one on the first Sunday of the month that is very well attended. I'm asking because I don't shoot on Sundays, due to my religious beliefs, and almost ALL USPSA matches held in Indiana are on Sundays for some reason. So this is your chance church folks and those that NEED your USPSA fix on Saturdays!!

Please reply if you would be willing to attend. If I can get a good following I will approach the club officers.

So you have shot one USPSA match and now you are hooked and want to match direct and run a Saturday Match?
    Check out WildCat Valley they shoot on Saturdays, and as Boss pointed out there are 2 matches in KY that host.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    The saturation of the weekends is why HHRP decided to run a Basic / Intro Steel Valley match on the 2nd Monday of the Summer months (May - Sept) ... It isn't USPSA, but it's fun & family friendly!

We hold the match at our Outdoor Range, near Gnawbone. Directions are at the link.

DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    I appreciate the feedback and info on the Saturday matches around here. I will revisit this topic later.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I don't shoot on Sundays, due to my religious beliefs, and almost ALL USPSA matches held in Indiana are on Sundays for some reason.

You could try pushing the rope from the other end.... our church is considering adding a mid-week service during the summer months to accomodate all the vacationers, lake-house owners, boaters, etc. It's one of the things keeping me from shooting more, so I hope it's something that gets implemented. I switched the club I primarily attend/work so I could do communion. so first Sunday is usually out for me.

Saturdays are always hard to get turnout as there are more conflicts, eg kid's activites, etc... plus many ranges want Sat open for their general membership to get to shoot. It's easier to get ranges to agree to tying up their facilities Sunday am.

-rvb

DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    rvb - - Thanks for the suggestion but my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, has one meeting time only and it has not changed since I can remember.

Top Bottom