• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • excursion12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Where can a middle aged kid join a club or juniors program near the fort wayne area?
    A friend's son wants to get into competitive shooting. They are looking into a 4H program and I wondered if anyone here knew of other structured regular programs for juniors nearby.
    Thanks

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Where can a middle aged kid join a club or juniors program near the fort wayne area?
    A friend's son wants to get into competitive shooting. They are looking into a 4H program and I wondered if anyone here knew of other structured regular programs for juniors nearby.
    Thanks

Is that supposed to say middle-school aged kid? (I'm a "middle-aged kid," haha). There is a uspsa club that shoots just NE of Fort Wayne outside of Harlan. Next match is the 3rd Sunday in May (18th). We also have practice nights the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month (there's one in 2 days!), which are a great way to get introduced to the sport (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ort-wayne-uspsa-thursday-practice-nights.html).

You can have your friend email me at ftw_uspsa@yahoo.com and I will answer any questions he may have. It is not a juniors-only event, but juniors are very welcome (and shoot in the Fort Wayne matches for free w/ a paying adult). The national organization, USPSA, also has a formal juniors program(USPSA Junior Program | The Official Junior Program of United States Practical Shooting Assoc.).

He can also "like" us on facebook (www.facebook.com/fwuspsa) for more information.

-rvb

excursion12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Is that supposed to say middle-school aged kid? (I'm a "middle-aged kid," haha). There is a uspsa club that shoots just NE of Fort Wayne outside of Harlan. Next match is the 3rd Sunday in May (18th). We also have practice nights the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month (there's one in 2 days!), which are a great way to get introduced to the sport (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ort-wayne-uspsa-thursday-practice-nights.html).

You can have your friend email me at ftw_uspsa@yahoo.com and I will answer any questions he may have. It is not a juniors-only event, but juniors are very welcome (and shoot in the Fort Wayne matches for free w/ a paying adult). The national organization, USPSA, also has a formal juniors program(USPSA Junior Program | The Official Junior Program of United States Practical Shooting Assoc.).

He can also "like" us on facebook (www.facebook.com/fwuspsa) for more information.

-rvb

Ha ha, yes middle school aged kid!
    Thanks for the info, I think he is most interested in rifle shooting but I will pass it along.
    Thank you

Top Bottom