Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The executive committee has decided it is high time to get into the 21st century. The technology committee has been empowered to purchase kindles, and get the software loaded up and ready to roll. They have already done so and are learning the system at this time. The wave of the future for USPSA scoring is about to hit the Wabash Valley, and things will never be the same. It is high time that the rest of the slack-jawed, knuckle dragging clubs either take a dump or get off the toilet and follow suit. Burn those pendles like they were a bra in 1972.

There is a good chance registration will be done with the Jedi Mind Trick starting with the June match.

Stay tuned for more updates as progress continues to happen.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The executive committee has decided it is high time to get into the 21st century. The technology committee has been empowered to purchase kindles, and get the software loaded up and ready to roll. They have already done so and are learning the system at this time. The wave of the future for USPSA scoring is about to hit the Wabash Valley, and things will never be the same. It is high time that the rest of the slack-jawed, knuckle dragging clubs either take a dump or get off the toilet and follow suit. Burn those pendles like they were a bra in 1972.

There is a good chance registration will be done with the Jedi Mind Trick starting with the June match.

Well played. I think it will be OK.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Wait . . . what????

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    what is this analogy???

1972 was a big year for the women's lib movement. The ERA made it out of congress finally after first being introduced in 1923. Bra burning is a cliché attached to the women's lib movement. The act of burning the bra was supposed to signify the loosening of restrictions or the accomplishment of freedom for women. If one is to believe the hype kindles are also doing that for the scorekeeper. While many men did not support the women's lib movement the sight of women without bras is usually looked upon in a positive way for all men. Once again the hype is that we are all better off.

However, those who know the history a little better or are willing to use google may know/find/comment that the burning of bras literally is pretty much a myth and undocumented. Perhaps that is meant to say don't believe the hype that kindles will solve any or all problems and that hanging on to the pendle for a back up might be best. This might be one of those times when you can take it any way you want it and be happy and correct.

Satisfaction is just another service I provide.

wkpjci

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    :fogey::facepalm:Well now thanks for the impromptu history lesson coach. Now if I remember correctly I spent more time and enjoyed world civilization, i did not take too many "history" only courses. However you did teach me a very needed lesson. Next time I try to tease an old man about being part of a movement. I'll just call you out. Good show by the way.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    1972 was a big year for the women's lib movement. The ERA made it out of congress finally after first being introduced in 1923. Bra burning is a cliché attached to the women's lib movement. The act of burning the bra was supposed to signify the loosening of restrictions or the accomplishment of freedom for women. If one is to believe the hype kindles are also doing that for the scorekeeper. While many men did not support the women's lib movement the sight of women without bras is usually looked upon in a positive way for all men. Once again the hype is that we are all better off.

However, those who know the history a little better or are willing to use google may know/find/comment that the burning of bras literally is pretty much a myth and undocumented. Perhaps that is meant to say don't believe the hype that kindles will solve any or all problems and that hanging on to the pendle for a back up might be best. This might be one of those times when you can take it any way you want it and be happy and correct.

I feel some sarcasm in the above statement, I am not sure what part.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute

all this talk of women without bras has made me forget what this thread is really about!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I feel some sarcasm in the above statement, I am not sure what part.

Like George Patton said, It is not important that you know it is only important that I know. I am a true historian. I deal in facts and let people draw their own conclusions.

Top Bottom