• ...and so much more!
  • Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Shooters,
    Our Friday Night Steel match will be this Friday, May 8th at 6 pm. We will have 5 challenging courses of fire. We will begin course setup at 5:00 pm, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will have sign-up at 5:15 pm and a shooters meeting at 6:00 pm to explain the rules and to form squads. At 6:15 pm sharp, we plan to begin shooting. We'll be charging $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10 with your first paid entry.
    FNS is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

* PLEASE TAKE NOTE *

We have Friday Night Steel bumper stickers available for purchase. They can be purchased during sign in at all Friday Night Steel events.

If you wondered where to purchase the Friday Nights Steel gear that some of the RO’s were wearing. You can now purchase Official Friday Night Steel shirts and hats at Café press

Friday Night Steel : Inertia Unlimited Apparel

* PLEASE MAKE A NOTE AS THIS HAS CHANGED *
    Due to inflation, we have raised prices to $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10.00 with your first paid entry. This puts us at the same cost as many of the other local steel matches, and much less than many of the USPSA matches. Our goal is to help offset the rising costs of insurance, fuel, and taxes so that we provide a financially stable club for many generations to come.

* PLEASE MAKE A NOTE AS THIS HAS CHANGED *
    Marion County Fish and Game allows the sighting in of rifles in the calibers of 38 special, 357 magnum, 44 special, and 44 magnum, provided that the rifles are fired from a bench rest at paper targets. This rule applies to regular business hours; so you can finally sight in guns in the above mentioned calibers for the new Indiana deer season. Please make sure that you follow this rule to the letter, so that FNS sets a good example for all MCFG club members.

5 magazines or speed loaders is now the minimum requirement. If you do not bring enough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines at the shooting line in between strings of fire, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.

With our numbers continuing to grow we ask that everyone does their part to make the match run as smoothly as possible. Be ready when it is your time on the firing line. Help to reset the steel. Volunteer to keep score.
    If you're new to competitive shooting, we encourage you to check out the following site. It shows upcoming shooting events for 3-gun, Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup), Bowling Pin Shooting, Cowboy Action Shooting (SASS), ICORE, IDPA, Multi-gun, Steel Challenge, and USPSA. The sight is now listing results for FNS so be sure to check them out.
    www.indygunracers.com

Don’t forget about the Bowling Pin Shoot (Fourth Saturday) at Marion County Fish and Game.

www.indyrange.com

If you have any questions, let me know.
    Sincerely,
    Anton C Howard
    FridayNightSteel@gmail.com

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I have some questions concerning Friday Night Steel. Are spectators allowed, is there provided seating, is there an admission fee for spectators.....I would like any available information concerning this event. Thanks in advance for your help.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Yeah I'm interested in possibly coming out to one to watch and help out if possible to get the feel of FNS and the range. I just joined MCFG tonight!

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have some questions concerning Friday Night Steel. Are spectators allowed, is there provided seating, is there an admission fee for spectators.....I would like any available information concerning this event. Thanks in advance for your help.

Spectators are welcome.

There is no seating, bring your own.

No admission fee for spectators.

Also, bring eye and ear protection.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'm getting closer to being able to participate in these... one more magazine and I think I'm good to go. Don't actually know what else I need LOL.

Need to find an IDPA match, also.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I joined MCF&G last month, and wanted to come to this month's FNS, but I have no ammo for anything I would want to use.

Maybe I'll trade my 9mm in on a .22lr pistol. I have enough 22 ammo. . . ..

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    If I can kick this swine flu, I'll try to make it out there. It's a tough call between FNS and IDPA at Wildcat Valley though. I mean, if I drive up to Wildcat on Saturday, I can stop by Triple XXX for a Duane Purvis.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Yeah I'm interested in possibly coming out to one to watch and help out if possible to get the feel of FNS

Oh, bag that... bring a gun and have at it! No time like the present. A friend of mine (and new INGO member, GunInfected1) came out to watch last time, and was kicking himself all night for not signing up to shoot.

Top Bottom