• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I am thinking about shooting the Warsaw match on Sunday 07/13/14 but it is a 4 hour drive. Will there be any USPSA matches closer to Louisville this weekend? I don't mind 2-3 hours of drive time but 4 is pushing it.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The Warsaw match is always great. I plan to make the drive this weekend unless the weather looks bad in Warsaw and good in Effingham.

Effingham shoots this weekend but they are also probably a four drive and you have to cross the Iron Curtain.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Matt,
    SCCC would be my first choice but I knew they were cancelling for this particular weekend. Thanks for the Indy Gun Racers link. I was not aware of that site.

Coach,
    Effingham is about 20 minutes closer but I would probably lose that much time clearing customs at the border. :)
    Worth keeping in mind though.

I was baptized in Winona Lake so I don't have anything against Warsaw other than the distance.
    It looks like Warsaw is the best option.

Last edited:

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    They have a shoot in Jasper this Saturday. It is not a sanctioned match and NO classifier. Usually less than 20 shooters(most of them shoot at Owensboro also). They only have 1 Bay and tear down and reset the stages. They run 4 stages. It makes for a longer day but that is what they have to work with.
    The stages are fun and challenging (USPSA rules) and a great bunch of guys.
    I try to make a couple of Jims shoots a year. It's close to home and with Silver Creek not shooting this weekend I plan on shooting at Jasper this weekend.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I'll probably head to Effingham if they have one. Warsaw is great but the drive is a killer for me, 3.75 hours up there but they do put on a great match! I can get to Effingham in less than 2 hours. Not as bad at the border anymore, you don't need to disarm and lock your gun up in a container now providing you don't exit the vehicle until you are at the range.

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    I am the match director at Warsaw and if Silver Creek was shooting that would be nuts to drive past it to come up here. We would love to have you!! We drive down to Coach's match at Riley once or so a year and its 4 hours. A lot of them started shooting Effingham because it is a lot closer and I don't blame them for doing it. I am surprised that in Dave's absence no one can run it. I not sure my club even needs me!! Your welcome to come up if your up to it. We will do are best to make it worth your drive. Brent

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Club POLITICS!!! Dan out of town!!!!And of course Lee:noway:

Correction...I'm having an issue post surgery that is going to have to be addressed, more than likely I will have to go under the knife again, which will put me out of the State Match.

Also, the one other member that would have helped me is going out of town and frankly, we just don't get the help from the club to put on the matches.

Dave and I, along with 1 or 2 other guys, set up the stages. With Dave gone, me at the doctor this week and Brian gone out of town, that is the set up crew.

I was going to run the match, Dave and I had talked about just having a no match like Max just had, but I just could not have done it by myself.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Politics have hurt many a good cause. Too bad.

We have a group on the board that hates any from of competition, IDPA, USPSA, etc. They feel that we are "more trouble than we are worth", even though without us, the club would run out of money by August.

The group is not interested in shooting or competing in matches, so we butt heads with them.

We do what we can, with what little support we get, which is nearly non existent.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We have a group on the board that hates any from of competition, IDPA, USPSA, etc. They feel that we are "more trouble than we are worth", even though without us, the club would run out of money by August.

The group is not interested in shooting or competing in matches, so we butt heads with them.

We do what we can, with what little support we get, which is nearly non existent.

I know that story well but in a different club.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I know that story well but in a different club.

Since I have been in USPSA, I have heard the same story too, with a few variations.

The problem is that we have some board members that are not shooters. They don't go down on the range, and when they do, they think that shooting one box of .380 every couple of months, is shooting.

We are a Conservation Club, in name, but we are really a gun range with a trap range, with a pond-that one or 2 guys use- and a seldom used archery range.

Part of it is that they are mostly old guys that live on a fixed income and they bring their penny pinching to the club. They seem to forget that the money that the club has is not "their" money, it's the club's money.

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.

Sorry to hear that!! But I understand. Maybe a missing pay day might wake someone up. That's a nice pay check for the club. You get double the shooters we get. (Knock on wood) But are club bickering is very small compared some other clubs. Hope you have a fast recovery!!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Warsaw is a bit of a drive from me as well, but I try to get up there as often as I can. They put on a really good match, and I'm always glad I made the drive.

Top Bottom