• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I am thinking about attending the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation event at Atlanta, IN this weekend. I've read the Glock website and tried to glean all of the general info re: course of fire, fees, registration, gun categories, etc.

With that being said I'd like to hear from folks who have shot this event in the past. Your thoughts on :

Is this an event for die hard competitive shooters with little participation by the "casual" shooter ?
    General expectation re: courses of fire ? I notice there is one course of fire that has a 25 yard shot !
    Level of attendance - heavily or sparsely attended ?
    If you're an IDPA, USPSA, or 3 gun regular participant, how does the Glock event compare ?

Lastly, i think I heard there are multiple chances at winning Glock pistols and/or other merchandise ? Urban legend or fact ?

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Is this an event for die hard competitive shooters with little participation by the "casual" shooter ?

It is explicitly geared toward newer shooters. Low ready starts, no movement, no reloads. Like Friday night steel, only with a mix of paper and steel.

General expectation re: courses of fire ? I notice there is one course of fire that has a 25 yard shot !

It's been said that GSSF matches are bullseye matches in disguise. A bit of an overstatement, but not by much. A Charlie/-1 is penalized a full second. A Delta/-3 hit is a full 3 second penalty. A mike? don't even ask!

Average turnout in this region is 200+ entries.

If you're an IDPA, USPSA, or 3 gun regular participant, how does the Glock event compare ?

Simpler.

Lastly, i think I heard there are multiple chances at winning Glock pistols and/or other merchandise ? Urban legend or fact ?

I went to 4 matches last year and won 4 Glocks, and $100. There isn't a shooting sport out there with a more generous prize table.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana

It is explicitly geared toward newer shooters. Low ready starts, no movement, no reloads. Like Friday night steel, only with a mix of paper and steel.

It's been said that GSSF matches are bullseye matches in disguise. A bit of an overstatement, but not by much. A Charlie/-1 is penalized a full second. A Delta/-3 hit is a full 3 second penalty. A mike? don't even ask!

Average turnout in this region is 200+ entries.

Simpler.

I went to 4 matches last year and won 4 Glocks, and $100. There isn't a shooting sport out there with a more generous prize table.

Were the glock "wins" the result of your shooting ability or via a draw or lottery scenario. Its doubtful my shooting ability will win me anything and the last thing I won was the draft lottery in 1967 ! :xmad:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Were the glock "wins" the result of your shooting ability or via a draw or lottery scenario. Its doubtful my shooting ability will win me anything and the last thing I won was the draft lottery in 1967 ! :xmad:

Mine were for winning class/division. But that said, I personally know a few people that won random draw guns and/or Glock schwag.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    The GSSF match is a great deal of fun. You don't have to show up at a certain time, you shoot when you want to and it is very relaxed. I have shot 4 Glock matches and have won something at 3 of them. I won a gun at one, a knife and a membership at the next and $150 at the third one. I did not win anything at the last one, but I intend to change that at the Atlanta IN Glock shoot.:):

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    The GSSF match is a great deal of fun. You don't have to show up at a certain time, you shoot when you want to and it is very relaxed. I have shot 4 Glock matches and have won something at 3 of them. I won a gun at one, a knife and a membership at the next and $150 at the third one. I did not win anything at the last one, but I intend to change that at the Atlanta IN Glock shoot.:):

Hoping to be the only Super Senior there? :):

Top Bottom