Lotsa' range upgrades at Hillside Shooting Sports!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    don't waste your money at the steel target range most of it was in poor condition
    Are you referring to the 1000 yard range? Just curious exactly what you're referring to because although the steel wasn't brand new, it served it purpose well for me. Hell, most ranges don't even provide steel for you to use, so I for one am pretty happy with the facilities!

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    don't waste your money at the steel target range most of it was in poor condition

Not anymore.... The steel reactive targets in the 3 pistol bays are being rebuilt with new plates as I type this and there are MORE steel target silhouettes at the 200-1000 yrd. ranges then there have ever been.

Like I said, lots of upgrades going on over there and it's good to see my heard earned cash going back into the place to make it a nice facility. I for one am grateful and appreciative!

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Are you referring to the 1000 yard range? Just curious exactly what you're referring to because although the steel wasn't brand new, it served it purpose well for me. Hell, most ranges don't even provide steel for you to use, so I for one am pretty happy with the facilities!
    Yep....

Sporky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Fort Wayne IN
    I am getting my membership this week. And all of my previous visits have been positive. Some of the steel was showing "wear" but it was all functional. Not sure what that other post was all about. This is the one place that I have been to locally that puts money and effort into the facilities. They are very close to having a First Class Range. The only things on my wish list would be more pistol bays ( matches ? ) and IPSIC target stands on the range so I don't have to carry my own in. More bays is a BIG undertaking i'm sure, so I would understand if that took a long time to implement. And it might be difficult to leave the IPSIC stands out where people could snatch them up.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I am getting my membership this week. And all of my previous visits have been positive. Some of the steel was showing "wear" but it was all functional. Not sure what that other post was all about. This is the one place that I have been to locally that puts money and effort into the facilities. They are very close to having a First Class Range. The only things on my wish list would be more pistol bays ( matches ? ) and IPSIC target stands on the range so I don't have to carry my own in. More bays is a BIG undertaking i'm sure, so I would understand if that took a long time to implement. And it might be difficult to leave the IPSIC stands out where people could snatch them up.
    The outdoor range unlimited-use yearly memberships are nice, 'cause it lets you use the Outdoor Rifle/Pistol Range anytime you want from sun-up to sun-down, 7 days a week without a need to register at the gun shop first for each visit. Plus, you get an automatic 5% discount off anything in stock you buy from the on-site gun shop AND a $5 off per hour discount for the indoor range. Pays for itself in no time and Lord knows I've used the discounts there mucho times! :)

Top Bottom