Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Parabellum in Avon is going to host a USPSA "outlaw" match on Wednesday October 22, 2014.

It will be outlaw in that it will be run by a range that is not affiliated with USPSA at this time. Affiliation may come down the road if feasible. All other USPSA rules and scoring will be in place. COLD RANGE rules will be in place. No handling of firearms except in the safe area or on the line under the direction of the Range Officer.

Practiscore will be used to score the match so result should be immediate.

Registration to open at 6pm.
    Shooters meeting at 6:30 sharp with first shot immediately following.
    3 stages 45 rounds
    Cost is $15
    2 stages will be stand and shoots, and 1 will be a field course.

www.parabellumfirearms.com
    8217 Kingston street Avon, IN 46123

Last edited:

mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    This is interesting. Close to home too. I'm going to try to make it if my schedule works out. One question, would we be allowed to bring our own ammo, or would it have to be purchased on site? Just not sure how indoor ranges treat that sort of thing.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This is interesting. Close to home too. I'm going to try to make it if my schedule works out. One question, would we be allowed to bring our own ammo, or would it have to be purchased on site? Just not sure how indoor ranges treat that sort of thing.

There may be a million questions like this that come up. I think your own ammo is fine on the range at all times. So I believe that if fine. I am trying to help them with stages and with rules and scoring and giving advice, but no authority. Parabellum is in the process of becoming an advertiser on INGO so direct answers may be available soon.

If the USPSA shooters would like some place to shoot in the winter months through the week then turn out and shoot. If this is feasible for the range they are willing to make it happen.

It is a nice indoor facility with great potential for indoor matches. Come on out and check it out.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    This would be awesome if it goes well and turns into something that could be done regularly through the winter. When I shot over in Ohio (Can't remember which range) they had a nice indoor range that they hosted "shortened matches" weekly.

I'll plan on being there and try to round up a crew.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This would be awesome if it goes well and turns into something that could be done regularly through the winter. When I shot over in Ohio (Can't remember which range) they had a nice indoor range that they hosted "shortened matches" weekly.

I'll plan on being there and try to round up a crew.

Sounds great.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Oh heck yes!

I'm glad we're getting something indoor started here in IN. Driving to MI this winter for an 60ish rd. indoor match was a bit much, but when a junkie needs a fix....

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Oh heck yes!

I'm glad we're getting something indoor started here in IN. Driving to MI this winter for an 60ish rd. indoor match was a bit much, but when a junkie needs a fix....

I think the round count can be increased. Just need a match or two to figure some things out. Should be able to save you some driving for that fix.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Parabellum in Avon is going to host a USPSA "outlaw" match on Wednesday October 22, 2014.

It will be outlaw in that it will be run by a range that is not affiliated with USPSA at this time. Affiliation may come down the road if feasible. All other USPSA rules and scoring will be in place. COLD RANGE rules will be in place. No handling of firearms except in the safe area or on the line under the direction of the Range Officer.

Practiscore will be used to score the match so result should be immediate.

Registration to open at 6pm.
    Shooters meeting at 6:30 sharp with first shot immediately following.
    3 stages 45 rounds
    Cost is $15
    2 stages will be stand and shoots, and 1 will be a field course.

www.parabellum.com
    8217 Kingston street Avon, IN 46123

The link is to a motorcycle windshield company?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Can we shoot 2 guns to make it worth while?

No on the 2 guns.

I look at the round count and think it is small as well. We are spoiled in Indiana with clubs that feature large and fun field courses. This is indoors and will be a different beast. We will be looking to get the count up as soon as possible. There are going to be some growth issues and a learning curve for all involved. I have some ideas but want to get a few stages on the ground and get some experience indoors.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I have to work,getting to Avon before 1830 will be a challenge.
    I will try to make arrangements to leave a bit early and I'll bring kevin98sr with me.

I think this is long overdue for central Indiana . I'll do whatever I can to help

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Some pics of the range for anyone who hasn't been here yet.
    Intro-Pistol.jpg

Intro1-8-2-14.JPG

Intro2-8-2-14.JPG

Top Bottom