• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rescue Loadmaster

Liberal Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    Gibson County
    Hello once again! We have another great match planned for all of you crazy kids this month (13 Jun 15). As always we will be shooting five stages, four of which will be from the Steel Challenge playbook and the last will be the plate rack. Four strings at each stage with the slowest times being dropped before final scoring. Minimum round count is 104, but bring 150 to be safe.

- Setup starts at 8am
    - Registration at 9am
    - Range goes hot at 10am
    - $10 per gun

As always, SCGC operates under cold range rules and anyone who helps to setup will be entered into the end-of-year drawing during the club banquet.

FYI - I will be out of town this weekend, but the match will be in good hands as our illustrious club dictator and weapons czar, Nate :ar15: will be facilitating in my absence. I wish I could be there to show you how to lose with grace. I can't wait to hear how much fun was had and then get made fun of next month for missing out.

- Ian

Speed Option.jpg View attachment pendulum.pdf View attachment roundabout.pdf View attachment showdown.pdf

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Looking forward to making this match... Hopefully the rain holds off!

Making the match? You are going to be setting up steel and taking a squad. Didn't they tell you? Good news is that setup crew gets entered in a drawing for fabulous prizes worth hundreds of dollars!

Weather says Thunderstorms tonight and cloudy in the morning. 50% chance of rain Saturday afternoon. What that equates to is pop up showers tomorrow. Good news since it should cool things off a bit.

For those of you new to shooting, steel is a great way to get introduced to the sport. So don't be shy. Pack your .22 rifle/pistol or center fire handgun and join us. All you need is a holster or gun case, extra magazines and 150+ rounds of ammo.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Fun is over for those who missed. While setting up I was kind of bummed out that our bays are too short for the 25 yard plus steel. About 20 yards is max distance in the pistol bays. But after missing those darn plates I am going to suggest shortening the bay's up.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    First time out, I've learned a few things... More dry work with my holster to improve time to target. Learn the distance for trigger reset so I don't have to rely on the feeling, since my gamer doesn't have a tactile reset. I've been spoiled by 1911 & Apex triggers.

Top Bottom