• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rescue Loadmaster

Liberal Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    Gibson County
    OK everyone, time for something a little different and a chance to have some fun with those NFA items. South Central Gun Club will be putting on a short USPSA style match on Halloween, after our match setup for the following day is done. We want to give everyone a chance to come out and run a few stages (approx. 3) with their suppressed hardware. We will have the following classes:

Suppressed Centerfire Pistol
    Suppressed Centerfire Carbine
    Suppressed Rimfire Pistol
    Suppressed Rimfire Rifle
    Rimfire Rifle
    Rimfire Pistol

We are keeping it limited to these divisions and are allowing unsuppressed rimfire because let's be honest, they're not that loud to begin with. Since this is a sort of outlaw style match, there is no magazine or equipment restrictions for the weapons. We will run 32 round stages just like in USPSA. There will be no steel, and all paper for safety reasons. The courses of fire will all start with the weapon loaded, facing downrange, and at the low ready position with the suppressor already attached. You can bring the weapon up to the firing line, bagged with device already attached, or attach it at the line under the supervision of the RO. USPSA Scoring will be in effect, as well as the standard cold range rules.

There will be suppressors and weapons available to be used if you don't own one and would like to try one out, as well as ammo for purchase to go with the weapons.

Match fee will be $10, and as always, juniors shoot for free.

Registration - 12:00
    First Shot - 1:00

The minimum round count will be 96 so plan accordingly with equipment and ammo. I know there are going to be questions, so fire away. This is something new we are trying out so please bear with us as we work out the kinks, but we are trying to bring something new and fun to our shooting community. Don't forget to leave your hearing protection at home and we look forward to seeing you all out there!

South Central Gun Club - Home

Last edited:

amp7876

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    Damn it. I would love to do this, but with a 6 year old, I must go trick or treating. Hopefully this one goes well and you guys will have another one. If/when that happens, anyone who does not have the hardware is more than welcome to use mine.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Sadly, I can't make it, and it sounds like a lot of fun.

I could have brought one set up for every division! lol

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am going to hijack Ian's thread. The club has recently undergone fairly significant renovation. As part of that we have a 20 ton load of rip rap being delivered this week. SCGC could use all the help we can get in moving that pile and laying the stone Saturday morning.

Top Bottom