• ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Nothing from Gary yet but this from their website.
    Home

.Our November 2015 Pistol match is this Saturday (11/21/2015). Sign-ups opens @ 9:00 AM & we shoot @ 10:00 AM. New shooters meeting will be held @ 9:30 AM on Bay 2. Six stages, ~180 rounds including a classifier. Match is $10 for club members, $15 for non-members.
    Spectators are welcome to come & enjoy the match too.

Looks like they will end the season with a NO Match. Stages are at their website.
    Remember Owensboro is on slow time.

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'm not sure the side match and swap are official, but I received this.

" It will be a NO-Match setup . . . . Planning for a free shotgun side match and a swap Day on Sat."

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    That was invigorating!

Yes it was.

#smallsquadssuck
    #smallsquadsinthecoldrainsucksmore
    #smallsquadsofautoshootersloadingmagazinesinsteadofpastinginthecoldrainsucksmore

Thanks to Gary and the crew for a great season and looking forward to next year.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Yes it was.

#smallsquadssuck
    #smallsquadsinthecoldrainsucksmore
    #smallsquadsofautoshootersloadingmagazinesinsteadofpastinginthecoldrainsucksmore

Thanks to Gary and the crew for a great season and looking forward to next year.

There goes my wheel gunners always take things in stride theory.

I got lucky on squads, we dropped down to 5 shooters when the weather came but the other 4 guys were paster animals.

Great practice shooting bagged targets though, and a good learning moment for me. On the last stage my hands were cold enough that they just did not work for gripping and manipulating the gun, I am thinking that maybe heavy mittens with those chemical hand warmers inside might be the ticket ? You need something sort of nuclear / 220v microwave with planed heads and a valve job to get from pasting wet & cold to shooting toasty in the time available.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    There goes my wheel gunners always take things in stride theory.

I should go back and load moonclips after everystage:):
    I was about ready to quit and leave as it was bad enough with the cold and rain and wind. But when wife was running nook all day and I RO'ed and was calling scores to her and pasting as I went with shooter picking up their mags and EVERYONE else was under shelter loading mags it made for a long day. Yelling for pasters had little effect.
    I have squadded with most of them before and they usually do better. A couple more bodies on the squad might have helped or not.
    Everyone has shot in these conditions before and it makes it difficult on everyone.
    I had fun and probably left a wet seat at the restaurant as my cloths were soaked.

Great practice shooting bagged targets though, and a good learning moment for me. On the last stage my hands were cold enough that they just did not work for gripping and manipulating the gun, I am thinking that maybe heavy mittens with those chemical hand warmers inside might be the ticket ? You need something sort of nuclear / 220v microwave with planed heads and a valve job to get from pasting wet & cold to shooting toasty in the time available.

Shooting bagged targets I don't mind but hate pasting bagged targets.
    If we shot in those conditions more it would be worth it to have waterproof gloves(1 pair for warm weather and 1 for colder weather) and a paster gun in a gallon baggie with the end cut open. Seen a guy with that setup before he pulled bag away from target and reached under and pasted with the other hand. He did 4 or 5 to everyone else 1. The gallon baggie kept the roll of pasters dry. He kept his hands warm and dry. I do have to say that the paster guns have a learning curve but it is not as bad as say electronic scoring
    :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom