Any one in NWI get together to shoot clays?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Just starting to get into clays of all kinds. Thus far I have only shot clays with a backyard thrower but am looking to get much more involved and got shooting a couple sundays a month. Any groups around me for beginners?

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I've been wanting to get back into some sporting clays shooting lately too. I'm scheduled on about half of the weekends anymore but would be interested in going when I could. Back Forty in Bourbon In and Deer Creek up in Three Oaks used to be nice places....

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I like Oakwood and Deer Creek. NPCCC host a weekend trap shoot for nonmembers as well. I haven't been clay shooting in about a year.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Bird shot from center trap, shooter is on station 2 on the east trap at the 22 yd line. (give or take from memory) I think it's been hit 3 times in a year or 2.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    On a side note, I've offered this before, but if we could organize an NWI INGO trap outing at Glen Park, i'm more than happy to set it up, dedicate a trap, get food brought in, whatever...
    I'll be at the club tomorrow morning around 10-10:30 installing some stuff for our new indoor archery range (hoping to open by spring) and will bring my gun and hopefully hit some clay. Weather is always fun - I put the plow on the truck this morning, so we WILL be shooting... as we do year round. The fire will be going.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    I'd go out of my way to get together with some Ingoers and do some sporting clays! I only ever did it once before but had a blast, it's something I'd love to do but never have anyone to go with :/.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Cool. I'll be getting ready for our Thanksgiving party tomorrow, but definitely IN for a future date. Making holes in paper is fun, but splashing clays is the BEST!

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Im interested, I've never been very good with clays but always enjoyed it. If a group is going to get together, then it sounds like a good time to me.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Well, it was snowing like mad pretty much all day, but we did have enough people to run all 3 trap fields. I WON the first shot at the long bird - and missed... lol Pot stands for the next shooter.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I'm free on Sundays but with work and kids I am tied up the rest of the week. Can you just join Walton behind Mike Anderson and shoot there anytime?

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I would possibly be in. I used to shoot a lot of non registered trap and shot clays a couple of times.

I'm free on Sundays but with work and kids I am tied up the rest of the week. Can you just join Walton behind Mike Anderson and shoot there anytime?

Open Trap Shooting is held every Wednesday and Saturday. Please note: Our objective is to keep the traps open as scheduled. If there is a heavy snow, we will open as long as we can use the snow plow to clear the grounds. Remember that the facilities are maintained by volunteers. If we have severe cold weather, we will open, but we may close early if there is a lack of shooters.
    We are OPEN to the PUBLIC during this time.
    Wed. 5pm-10pm Sat. 10am-2pm (summer) 11am-3pm (winter)
    Winter Hours are in effect.
    There will be a fun shoot on Sunday December 6th also. We are open one Sunday a month for trap, but that is usually an ATA event Dec 6th is open to the public.
    Hand throwing or shooting of any kind outside on the club property is strictly forbidden except during operating hours.
    There will by one Sunday open in Jan, and Feb also. I do not have the dates yet.

The indoor range is open 7am - 10pm 365 days a year - keycard access, self service.

Top Bottom