• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hey all, been away for a while....I tried a search but didn't have any luck sooooooo

I've gotten a wild hair up my tukus that I want to get involved with 3 gun competition, however the problem I'm having is that I can't find any ranges in the Central IN area that will allow me to train (ie shooting while moving etc) Does anyone have any ideas on places that allow that type of training? Also, any input, suggestions etc for someone new to the sport would be great!

Thanks!

wva3470

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    DoF,
    Check out Indiana Multi-Gun. They have a website and facebook pages. Matches are held at several ranges through out the year. Since you are in Central Indiana,
    you might try Atlanta Conservation Club. If you are on the "southern" side of Central, I'm in Seymour and South Central Gun Club is located in Freetown.
    Bill

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Anyone can become proficient at loading a shotgun with the "dropping dueces" method, (two shells at a time) in a short amount of time. It doesn't take much effort.
    However, to get good with the quad loads takes a bit more commitment. I'm ok at it, but I still need a lot of work....

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Anyone can become proficient at loading a shotgun with the "dropping dueces" method, (two shells at a time) in a short amount of time. It doesn't take much effort.
    However, to get good with the quad loads takes a bit more commitment. I'm ok at it, but I still need a lot of work....

It's not the practice, it's the concept. This is supposed to be competition in the martial art of shooting at combatants, not in reloading a tube fed shotgun. Who in their right mind, would be in a sort of gunfight would be RELOADING a freaking shotgun when you have a 20 round pistol on your side.
    It's stupid. And I know it's a game.
    One of the reasons I don't play.
    YMMV

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    It's not the practice, it's the concept. This is supposed to be competition in the martial art of shooting at combatants, not in reloading a tube fed shotgun. Who in their right mind, would be in a sort of gunfight would be RELOADING a freaking shotgun when you have a 20 round pistol on your side.
    YMMV

Its the main reason I swtiched to open. I HATE reloading a shotgun, it takes it to the point of I didn't even want to be involved in shooting anymore and I know I'm not the only one. Stupid thing is, every attempt to do a 2 Gun (Rifle/Pistol Only) Series or even just single events fell flat on its face at Hillside. Stages were setup and rivaled most 3gun stages but no one shows up. I'm about done putting any effort into anything shooting sports related other than USPSA and even then I don't hardly do that anymore as its become to much of an arms race of who has the most money and who has the best career or job status that lets them practice 24/7 almost.

Some of us work 72 to 84 hrs a week, 24hrs at a time.....

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    YMMV

I hear ya, I would not attempt to reload my tube fed shotgun in a self defense situation. It is a game. It may even be stupid to some, but it still makes more sense than golf....

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I'm about done putting any effort into anything shooting sports related other than USPSA and even then I don't hardly do that anymore as its become to much of an arms race of who has the most money and who has the best career or job status that lets them practice 24/7 almost.

Some of us work 72 to 84 hrs a week, 24hrs at a time.....

USPSA is a arms race?
    USPSA is what you want it to be. Several of the top 10 finishers at the production nationals were shooting $500-$800 plastic guns. They put the effort in practice to reach that level. The guns had nothing to do with any of the top finishers no matter what they were shooting.
    If your job keeps you from practicing then just go shoot and have fun. That is why most of us do this in the first place. Friends and Fun.
    If you want to win then you have/want to put in the work. But you don't have to put in all the work if you want to just have fun.
    I Shoot with many friends every weekend who just have fun and don't worry about if they win or even get better.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    USPSA is a arms race?
    USPSA is what you want it to be. Several of the top 10 finishers at the production nationals were shooting $500-$800 plastic guns. They put the effort in practice to reach that level. The guns had nothing to do with any of the top finishers no matter what they were shooting.
    If your job keeps you from practicing then just go shoot and have fun. That is why most of us do this in the first place. Friends and Fun.
    If you want to win then you have/want to put in the work. But you don't have to put in all the work if you want to just have fun.
    I Shoot with many friends every weekend who just have fun and don't worry about if they win or even get better.

I'm getting there...and enjoying the shooting even more.

Top Bottom