• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Wondering if anyone has one, and what their thoughts are in general about the gun, and how it would be suited for trap shooting.

I haven't shot clay since I was a kid...

-T

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I wouldn't do it. Franchi has historically been a good quality gun. But according to their website, not one model of these guns weighs over 6 lbs. This is a field weight gun. You want a heavy gun for trap. Even shooting light loads, you will be absorbing way more accumulated recoil over time than any hunting application. Even if you fill the stock bolt hole full of birshot, that probably only gets you to about 7lbs., still too light.

It also has an automatic safety. A real pain in the buns for trapshooting. Again, this is not about quality. It's about features and application. Franchi quality has historically been excellent and this looks like a nice gun. But it is a hunting gun. A good trap gun should be of sufficient weight, that it would kill you if you carried it in the field all day. Now if you're just going to "occasionally" shoot trap, that's different. But you owe it to yourself to get a gun that's comfortable to shoot, for hours at the trap club.

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Go to a local Trap Club, ask questions, most likely you'll get many offers to shoot people's guns. The biggest mistake I had was to buy a Trap Gun before I knew what worked for me. Twangbanger dead on with his comments. Four "trap" guns later I have one that works for me.

Top Bottom