• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have been approached, emailed, pm's, phone calls and smoke signals sent my way with questions about the "400" Match and what is the deal.

The Indiana Section Championship is being hosted by WVPPS and Steve Wright and Matt Dennis are the MD's. The Match is in June. Steve and Matt are going to need help with the match as far as set up crews and RO's.

As far as the if there will be a "400" that has not yet been decided. Last year we were 2 Range Officers away from not being able to hold the match.

I have had discussions with Dave Butler, and the range is available.
    I have talked to Marc Lorey and Tom Palmer and they are both willing to run stats and be Range Master.
    I do not have a Sponsor Coordinator/Prize Table or an Assistant Match Director.
    Will need a dedicated build crew that would be available the weekend before the match (10 people minimum)
    Will need 2 "Mr. Fix'it" for the match
    Will need a minimum of 65 staff, that would include a minimum of 40 certified range officers, the remaining 25 could be staff/score keepers, but each stage would will require at least 2 certified ro's minimum.

If you want a match in September this is what is needed. Same time frame as last year. Change staff to shoot All Day Thursday/Friday AM and work stages Friday/Saturday/Sunday.
    Hotels, lunches, separate staff prize table, and special staff package (includes match shirts) for working and shoot for free.

I will need to be able to make this final decision before end of March.

Ask you questions here, post your comments and if you are committed to working it here as well. You can email me as well
    jake_martens@comcast.net

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    whether I can RO/CRO will depend on the exact dates. If not same weekend as Ft W USPSA matches, I'll plan to help. I cannot work the Section match as it's the same weekend as Ft. Wayne. Most of our regulars don't attend the section match even when it's not our weekend, so I decided not to cancel.

-rvb

Rescue Loadmaster

Liberal Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    Gibson County
    I'll volunteer for the Mr. Fixit position since I know the game after running around with Dan last year. I could also be available for setup the weekend before.

- Ian

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I already gave you my answer:)

My availability really depends on the exact dates and how much vacation I have left at that point.

I am going to plan on this not happening, doesn't seem like there will be enough help.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    ill be certified this weekend so i can probably help with this match. Jonathan M.

Just FYI for anyone else reading this. It's up to the MD, but you don't necessarily have to be certified to help work the match, so there goes the excuses! :)

For a level-II match, it is only "recommended" that there be a CRO per stage. It is "mandatory" that there be one "certified NROI official" (RO) per stage. Since it's common to have 2-3 workers per stage, the others don't have to be certified. So volunteer! (ref Apx D1)

It took me forever to be able to get into a class; I worked several matches w/o being a certified RO.

That said, taking the class is definitely a good thing!

-rvb

Top Bottom