• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Marion County Fish and Game's Bowling Pin Match will be this Saturday, July 7/23 at 9:00 AM. Setup will begin at 8:00 AM and we would appreciate the help of a few volunteers. The Safety Meeting (required for new shooters) will be at 8:45 AM to explain the rules. At 9:00 AM, we will begin shooting.

Thanks to Bruce for running the match again this month! I have to work on Saturday. So if you have shot with us before, have a whistle and would feel comfortable helping RO, I'm sure Bruce would appreciate the help.

If you are interested in shooting Pin Heads, bring your .22 LR's (pistol or rifle). You may want to consider shooting your pocket .380 or snub-nose .38SPL. We also have a Compact division, so bring your EDC and see how well you can do.

If there is severe weather, the match may need to be canceled. Since I will be out of town, you will have to check here in this thread to see if Bruce "browndog2" has canceled the match. Don't wait for an e-mail form me. It won't be coming!

The cost is $3 per bracket for club members and $4 per bracket for non-members. All money goes toward the club and/or making the competition better. Youth (under the age of 18) shoot free with a paid adult.

Bowling Pin Shooting is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of a range officer (RO), or at the designated "safe table". Violation of this or any other safety rule shall result in a match disqualification.

If you have any questions about the match, please read the rules posted at: MCFG - Indy Range Official Website - Shotgun, Pistol, Shooting Range (look under "Programs and Events" > "Bowling Pins") If you are unable to find an answer posted in the rules, please feel free to e-mail me.

If you are willing to help as an RO or help keep score, that would be greatly appreciated.

~John

BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    JJM7288,
    Please do join us, its fun - careful it is addictive for some of us.
    Its gonna be hot, bring something for hydration.

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Weather folk say its gonna be hot on Saturday.
    Usually we're in the shade at first, but before the end of the first hour, the sunshine prevails.
    Some of us will be bringing sunshades.
    Not a bad idea to bring some water to the match. If you're thirsty.

Last edited:

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Thank you to all who came out to slay the evil bowling pins today.
    Thank you for being safe.
    It was hot, and of course, we did complain about the heat and other things, as is our nature.
    I hope you all had fun.
    And thanks to everyone for helping.
    See you next month.

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    It was a little warm but still had a good time thanks Bruce for filling in you did a great job!

Top Bottom