• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    Pretty sure I'm going to make a roadtrip this weekend over to the GSSF match in Marietta OH. First time for any type of shooting event but it seems like from what I've read the GSSF matches are fairly beginner friendly, yes/no? Other than reading through many of the GSSF guidelines/rules prior to the match, any other great tips for first timers?

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ditto on taking time to make your shots... misses hurt dearly, way more than a second to or two to align sights. Have fun and enjoy the "Glock family picnic"! I shot the Dayton match back in May and it was great. I plan to shoot the Atlanta, IN match in Oct too. This year there are some awesome 30th anniversary guns up for raffle. Make sure you sign up! One entry per person

Last edited:

Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    Definitely have the Atlanta IN match on my calendar. And I plan to sign up for all the free gun raffles I can this weekend, 30th anniversary, new shooter, and whatever else they offer.

Thanks for the insight guys.

Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    We did the Marietta event yesterday. Other than the long drive from central Indiana we really enjoyed the event. As S8MS-01904 mentioned the event was very beginner friendly. Everyone was very friendly and helpful with tips, how-to's, etc, whenever we let them know we were first timers. Even with the crazy temps yesterday it was a nice wooded venue and covered canopy's and such for lots of shade.

For any folks still on the fence about doing a future GSSF event, I say go for it. We were overall very happy with the event.

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    We did the Marietta event yesterday. Other than the long drive from central Indiana we really enjoyed the event. As S8MS-01904 mentioned the event was very beginner friendly. Everyone was very friendly and helpful with tips, how-to's, etc, whenever we let them know we were first timers. Even with the crazy temps yesterday it was a nice wooded venue and covered canopy's and such for lots of shade.

For any folks still on the fence about doing a future GSSF event, I say go for it. We were overall very happy with the event.

I'll be working the Atlanta Match, so look me up and say Hi.

Keep an eye open for Tim's Sporting Academy when they do the indoor GSSF events. Their last one for the series is August 6th.

Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    How do the indoor ones differ from the outdoor? I can't imagine they have all the same courses as the outdoor ones just given the overall footprint required to set all those up indoors.

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    How do the indoor ones differ from the outdoor? I can't imagine they have all the same courses as the outdoor ones just given the overall footprint required to set all those up indoors.

Each entry shoots 50 rounds on paper (10 per distance) at preset distances for a high score (max 500). Pocket guns (G-42 & G-43) shoots 25 rounds.

Top Bottom