• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    It's got more do's and don'ts compared to USPSA from my understanding of the rules I know like you can only draw from concealed, you can't change mags unless you're in slide lock or empty cylinder, and you can only shoot behind cover. Your score is your time I think. So your penalties adds more time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

indycruzr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Indy Westside
    Mr. BJones is correct, not a match this weekend in Central Indiana at least. Next match I know about within Central Indiana is at Wildcat Valley Rifle Pistol Club (WVRPC) just outside of Lafayette, IN on August 13th . You can find their info here - wvrpc.org.

Atlanta Conservation Club, ACC, usually has their match the 1st Saturday of the month. Unfortunately they have canceled their August match due to scheduling conflicts with the co-match directors. It happens, good club and good folks there too! Their website is here - indyidpa.com.

Another thought would be Silver Creek down by Louisville on the Indiana side of the river. They hold their matches the 1st Saturday of the month as well. It's has been a couple of years since I shot there so I don't know their details. This appears to be their website - Welcome to Silver Creek Conservation Club! - Silver Creek Conservation Club.

As for the rules, just know that the they are different in the IDPA game and the USPSA game. There are advantages and disadvantages to both games. You can review the IDPA rules, if you wish at this link - http://members.idpa.com/Content/Rules/x2gukat1.wyt.pdf.

Happy Shooting and I hope to see you at an ACC or WVRPC IDPA match.

Indycruzr

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I have been shooting IDPA since 2007 and have been to a total of seven different clubs. Wildcat Valley and Atlanta are my two favorites and IMHO are the nicest and best run of all the clubs where I have been. Both have a good crew of staff and friendly shooters that will especially help new shooters feel comfortable and welcome. I guess I should throw in a disclaimer; I am frequently an SO at both clubs.
    Since ACC won't be hosting a match in August I will shoot that weekend at a new to me club in Illinois. Should be interesting because I have watched videos of club matches at this club and they are interesting to say the least. Of course you cannot know everything going on just from videos but I am seeing things that just don't look correct within the rules. Jim.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I like what Jim said. ACC and Wildcat are very nice run events. I have been shooting IDPA for 2 years now and just became a SO a month ago. I got my 67yo Dad involved last year and it is a wonderful way to spend a day with your Dad. What is that club in IL you are talking about? My Dad and I are always looking to shoot at different clubs.

Read the rules and you will enjoy IDPA as much as USPSA. There are differences for sure. Max ammo allowed to carry and how and when you can reload are just a few. -Jason

Top Bottom