• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buckeye911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2015
    NEW PALESTINE
    I will be picking up my new STI DVC Limited this week. Question is should I spend the money in 1+ MBX magazines?

Also, should I get get the competition follower?

Input needed.

Thanks

P

Josey1972

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    North Side
    You will find that MBX mags don't need any love out of the box. Especially for limited. I know that people do mess with them but mine have worked flawlessly right out of the box. Make sure you test fire the STI before you compete with it. I know of a few DVC's that needed some additional love after being mated to thier new mags. If you have that issue contact Zach at ZRTS in Noblesville. I know he's dealt with a few like that.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    STI mags are fine in 40 S&W (not worth a CRAP in 9mm or 38 super) SV are the best but hard to find. MBX are good but in 40 the STI is cheaper and just a reliable.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    You will find that MBX mags don't need any love out of the box.

Wonder if they hold dimensions any better than the STI's ?

After so many drops and stomps I ended up going over mine (STI's) with a Dawson Precision mag tuning kit whenever I felt the need (or got new mags).

I guess that would be the deciding factor for me on the extra $'s, do they hold up any better.

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    If you have trouble with MBX mags just let Adrian know and he will make them right. Chloe had trouble with rounds ending up under the follower. We shipped all 5 back to him (he paid shipping) he fixed them and shipped them back. I believe he put in his latest springs and followers. Not a single issue since.

Josey1972

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    North Side
    If you have trouble with MBX mags just let Adrian know and he will make them right. Chloe had trouble with rounds ending up under the follower. We shipped all 5 back to him (he paid shipping) he fixed them and shipped them back. I believe he put in his latest springs and followers. Not a single issue since.

I had some issues with my 170 in .38 supercomp. Adrian took care of it. I have struggled with a salt shaker effect on hoser stages. Still working on that. Limited ones no issues. A few minor challenges with the open ones.

Top Bottom