• Status
    Not open for further replies.

crazycatlady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Allen county
    I completed a Babes with Bullets training camp a couple of weeks ago and would like to try some area steel challenge/USPSA/IDPA for additional experience even if I will not be competitive. I am considering an M&P Pro or CORE either in 4.25 or 5 inch barrels. This would also serve for home defense. Any suggestions or feedback regarding barrel length? Thanks.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Hone defense and competition 5"

To carry I would look into the 4.25 or compact. If you are also using as a defensive weapon I would upgrade to the apex trigger kits for carry

Competition only then I highly recommend apex competition triggers (IMO, not a good idea to put light triggers into defensive pistols)

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I completed a Babes with Bullets training camp a couple of weeks ago and would like to try some area steel challenge/USPSA/IDPA for additional experience even if I will not be competitive. I am considering an M&P Pro or CORE either in 4.25 or 5 inch barrels. This would also serve for home defense. Any suggestions or feedback regarding barrel length? Thanks.

I may be in the minority here, but I am NOT rich, so I carry what I shoot, and I shoot what I carry .....

I am a TOTAL S&W guy, although I own other brands .....

If you want a PRO, then go for it ..... Use it for everything .....

If you can afford two, the get a regular M&P, for carry, and the PRO, for Comp .....

JMHO, YMMV .....

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I have a 5" CORE and use it for Competition only. I put the spring kit in it to lower trigger pull for competition....but only the spring kit to keep me in production class. If you want to use it for self defense too...I'd recommend the spring kit for carry to keep you in production.

All of that said..you don't have to spend that much money right away. You could get away with a smaller M&P 9 for much less money(Pro would be good too for the sights) and do the same work and have the same gun...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom