• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Marion County Fish and Game's Bowling Pin Match will be this Saturday, October 22nd at 9:00 AM. Setup will begin at 8:00 AM and we would appreciate the help of a few volunteers. The Safety Meeting (required for new shooters) will be at 8:45 AM to explain the rules. At 9:00 AM, we will begin shooting. Next month we will have an afternoon start time and we will probably be shooting Texas Stars unless we have unseasonably warm weather.

If there is severe weather, the match may need to be canceled. I will try to send an e-mail and post an announcement in the Shooting Sports section of www.ingunowners.com by 7:30 AM if it is obvious the weather isn’t going to cooperate.

The cost is $3 per bracket for club members and $4 per bracket for non-members. All money goes toward the club and/or making the competition better. Youth (under the age of 18) shoot free with a paid adult.

Bowling Pin Shooting is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of a range officer (RO), or at the designated "safe table". Violation of this or any other safety rule shall result in a match disqualification.

If you have any questions about the match, please read the rules posted at: MCFG - Indy Range Official Website - Shotgun, Pistol, Shooting Range (look under "Programs and Events" > "Bowling Pins") If you are unable to find an answer posted in the rules, please feel free to e-mail me.

Some months we do a bracket of Pin Heads which you can use a .22LR pistol or rifle to shoot. This usually happens at the end of the match and just depends on what people are interesting in doing. So bring your .22LR if you think you would like to try Pin Heads

If you are willing to help as an RO or help keep score, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to see you on Saturday.

~John

BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Gonna be brisk tomorrow morning.

Don got the heaters installed for the bowling pins firing line, right?

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Oh, I'd prefer to shoot pins, but when the pins are too cold they shatter and we waste them at an accelerated rate.
    At first, years ago, used bowling pins were much easier to find than they are now and our supply is getting low.

I hope we get to shoot pins, but if we don't, the star is challenging too.

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Thanks to John & Don for puttin on da match.
    Thanks to everyone for being safe while having fun.

Jim, glad you were not hurt. Too bad you did not have time to duck.
    Several of us went for our safelty glasses after seeing what a richochet can do to a pair of electronic muffs.

It was great to shoot some evil bowling pins before the weather forces us to shoot the texas stars.

Thanks Again

Last edited:

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Thanks to all guess I am in the market for a new set of ear muffs and a hard look at my safety glasses, maybe we need to look at our tables and upgrade the steel on the front edge , that was a whole 45 slug

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    maybe we need to look at our tables and upgrade the steel on the front edge , that was a whole 45 slug

I suspect this incident will accelerate the process of upgrading the front plates.
    Its gone from we oughta replace the front plates to we MUST replace them.

Top Bottom