• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Question, if I ran something like a leather pancake IWB holster (or just left it under my belt and outside my pants) at the USPSA match at south central this weekend, would that be against the rules?

I myself am president of Indiana University students for concealed carry and I want to learn how to run my gun out of concealment instead of using a duty or competition style OWB holster, as I am not a cop nor do I open carry. I have gone to a USPSA match already and two 3 gun matches this semester so I have an idea of what to do and how to be safe in a match.

And no, I am not trying to for points or to win, given im a broke college student with a old $300 hi power copy, rather I am just interested in learning to shoot and manipulate my firearm to be able to defend myself, and shooting a match while shooting steel cased 9mm ball is a hell of alot cheaper then taking training.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Yes you can use it. As long as you can show that you can draw and holster the handgun safely, you are good to go.

Per the NROI-
    https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-ruling-details.php?indx=59

And thanks for the fighting the good fight at IU.

Your welcome, in the past month I actually gave two interviews to various student journalists bringing out the message about defense of the second amendment as a basic inherent human right and also laying out a postion to support gun rights that is non partisan. Actually we are looking for LEOs and lawyers to give a seminar on firearms law as alot of IU students, either from out of state or liberal households have all kind of misconceptions about firearms law and want to advocate further gun control when 90% of what they want is already law, or have incorrect ideas about the full extent of our gun rights here in Indiana

racegunz

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    I RO'd a shooter at Atlanta a couple weeks ago with a IWB holster, not a problem at all.
    although I'd rather you leave the steel cases somewhere else :cool:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Question, if I ran something like a leather pancake IWB holster (or just left it under my belt and outside my pants) at the USPSA match at south central this weekend, would that be against the rules?

I myself am president of Indiana University students for concealed carry and I want to learn how to run my gun out of concealment instead of using a duty or competition style OWB holster, as I am not a cop nor do I open carry. I have gone to a USPSA match already and two 3 gun matches this semester so I have an idea of what to do and how to be safe in a match.

And no, I am not trying to for points or to win, given im a broke college student with a old $300 hi power copy, rather I am just interested in learning to shoot and manipulate my firearm to be able to defend myself, and shooting a match while shooting steel cased 9mm ball is a hell of alot cheaper then taking training.

I shoot most USPSA matches from concealment with an IWB holster. It's not a problem other than costing you some time.

Top Bottom