• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Taurus,There used to be several options, but I'm not sure if they are still active.IIRC Riley near Terre Haute had bowling ppin matches at some point.Atlanta used to, but I think they do not now.Martinsville did at one point, but once again, I think they stopped.Most of these had slightly different formats than MCFG, but were great fun.If you google bowling pins shooting, you may find that the tradtional format involves a two tiered steel talble and shooting for time, like best 3 of 5 runs.In other states there are big bowling pin matches that attract professional level shooters vying for cash prizes.I'm hoping someone will chime in here with some options unknown to me.Atlanta has a Steel Plates match monthly. You might like that kind of match.There are "stock" divisions for IDPA and USPSA that a new shooter can try without spending a small fortune on equipment.Read the rules and show up early for orientation and tell them you are new to the game.Pay attention and focus on being safe.Most of the local matches are quite welcoming to new shooters.

Last edited:

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I am not sure this helps due to the drive time, but there are some matches at Edgar County Sportsmans Club and Clark County Conservation Club, both in Illinois. These are money matches but the stakes aren't high. Last time I shot Edgar County I think I paid $24 to shoot all divisions (and came home with about $75). PM me if you want more info.

Top Bottom