Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan454 View Post
    BossHoss would be the gunsmith, you can PM him on this forum and he'll get you squared away if you are looking for revolver work. I will second what others have said as well. For speedloaders you'll want four of the Comp IIIs, don't bother with Comp IIs or HKS loaders if you want to reload quickly. Short stroking will not be solved by a trigger job, especially if you want a lighter trigger pull. It just means you didn't let the trigger fully reset before pulling it back again. As you decrease the power of the rebound (trigger) spring it can actually make it easier to short stroke so keep that in mind. My advice is to have a revolver smith work over your action and then practice the DA pull a lot. Make sure you let them know if you will be handloading (and with what primers) or buying factory ammo because that will determine how light the hammer and rebound springs can be.

As for holsters, that's a personal preference. I use a leather pancake from Simply Rugged since it will fit all of my shorter barreled revolvers. If you like kydex and plan to stick with the same type of gun check these out: https://www.speedbeez.com/product-ca...-and-l-frames/

If you need something to carry your speedloaders these are the most popular: 4wheelguns.com - NM - IDPA Compliant Speed Loader Holder and https://www.speedbeez.com/product/sp...m-sw-model-69/
    You can also make them yourself out of kydex sheet with some patience and a heat gun.
    Thanks for the clarification. I think another poster was considering work. I do my own action work so I'm good on that front. I do like the Simply Rugged and am also looking at a few others.(Lobo, Tucker, Kramer and Sparks)
    Easy choices, hard life.
    Hard choices, easy life.

Quote Originally Posted by amp7876 View Post
    Bosshoss
    This is the correct answer.

BOSSHOSS IS THE MAN!!!!

Plinker
    Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    Not to drift, but how many speedloaders do you use when you shoot IDPA with your revolver? And what are you using for a holster?
    So my whole setup is:

S&W 686 SSR (no mods) / Ready Tactical holster / North Mountain Speedloader Holders (3 on belt) / Safariland Comp III Speedloaders (3 on belt 1 in pocket for readying) / 1.5" hanks gunner belt (Its all I use in real life and so like to use it for IDPA).

Also thanks everyone for the replies!

Marksman
    The speedloader holders are arranged two in front of the holster and one behind the holster on strong side or two in front of the holster and one behind the hip on the weak side. The placement of the third SLH would depend on if you do a strong hand or weak hand reload. Have fun, stay safe and maybe I will see you shooting somewhere. Jim.

You guys helped both TRW and myself out. Thanks! I have a holster ready to order, my 586 is at S&W getting the "M" mod done. I have speedloaders in my Amazon cart for my next order and I'll find some of the holders.

Then hopefully it won't just all sit in the safe, lol.

Easy choices, hard life.
    Hard choices, easy life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2