Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SNS 125 LRN load data

So I ran out of bullets and found an entire case of 125 LRN SNS hiding in my cabinet. What kind of loads are you guys using for this? I'm just lookin for an accurate load to make minor out of an M&P, G19, and G34. I'm thinking I've used Titegroup in the past and it was obnoxiously smoky.
    WVRPC USPSA Match Director // Indiana Multigun Series Shooter

It is very smokey.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

Drawing from the holster is permitted at Parabellum.

abright@ccrtc.com

I use the coated 125gr sns lrn. 4.0gr Titegroup 1.12 OAL.
    forty-six and two ahead of me

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdragon View Post
    To Do List:

1. Don't be a f***ing b****

2. Pick up coffee creamer

Plinker
    I use 125g SNS over 3.8 TG 1.15 COL out of a G17 at 1040fps. It does smoke. I have tried Auto Comp wit a little less smoke. Several folks on the enos forum recommend W231. I accept the smoke because I like the bullet performance and price. If I shot indoors more I would change. The bullet ogive requires a shorter COL in some chambers.

***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)&linkCode=as2&tag=jdteta-20" target="_blank">https://www.amazon.com/Glock-Competi.../dp/***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)

Lead blows up stock Glock barrels sometimes. For what it is worth. I thought this was an interesting book both for the barrel tests & just general information. Price does not seem very reasonable though.
    "Fun match, fun squad. Coulda shot better, but what the hell." - Dog1

I am loading bayou bullets and not SNS but I believe the coating is the same. 4.0-4.2 grains of Win231 will get you in the ballpark. I would reference the posts above for COAL. I loaded my LRN at 1.25"-1.35" but that is a different bullet.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

HP38/231
    N320

a lot less smoke with the HiTek coating
    "Well Jakey, it's a bit ambitious" -Ken Skeeters

When I read the original post, I assumed he was talking sns uncoated bullets like these Clearance Bullets - snscasting .
    "Fun match, fun squad. Coulda shot better, but what the hell." - Dog1

Marksman
    3.8 hp-38 @ 1.120
    USPSA #TY68663

Plinker
    This thread motivated me to try WSF and 231 with some 125 SNS coated RN. I worked up to about 130 PF from an OEM G17. I found the WSF a little more snappy on the recoil, low to no smoke and louder. W231 was softer shooting, not as loud, and the recoil was less sharp. It did smoke some but was less than TG. WSF also seemed cleaner but the standard deviation was higher. In summary W231 is a compromise between the characteristics of TG and WSF which makes sense based on these powders quickness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast