• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    Wildcat Valley Rifle and Pistol Club will be hosting our first Steel Challenge match of the year on March 25th. Match will consist of five stages including four SCSA classifiers and will be 125 rounds minimum. I will be at the club by 4 PM on Friday night to get started with setup and greatly appreciate any help I can get. As well, if you are qualified and willing to RO a squad please let me know by checking the box when you sign up.

Cost is $15 for the first gun and $5 for each additional entry
    R.O. and set-up help shoot for FREE

Gates open at 8:00
    Registration starts at 9:00
    New shooter briefing at 9:30
    Shooter's meeting at 9:45
    Shots fired by 10:00

Match registration link: https://practiscore.com/wvrpc-steel-challenge-march-2017/register

Lastly, please remember that WVRPC is a Cold Range on match days. That means no gun handling except in designated Safe Areas or as directed on the firing line by a Range Officer. The only time where a firearm may be removed from a case or holster is in one of these two locations. The parking lot is not a safe area. Handling your firearm in the parking lot or trunk of your car will result in a match disqualification. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS WHATSOEVER TO THIS RULE.

Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    It looks like we'll be running Speed Option, Pendulum, Roundabout, Showdown, and a Plate Rack for our first first match. Hope to see some of you at the range.

Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    Received a few questions about weather. I don't mind shooting in the rain so as long as we have people who want to shoot I'll be holding a match.

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    Are pistol competitors allowed to start from low ready? I have a friend that wants to come with me, but he doesn't have a holster for his pistol. Will this be a problem?

Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    Stages are up and we will be shooting as planned, only change will be 6 plates on the rack. I didn't realize they fixed the broken one.

Weather actually looks great for tomorrow, no rain and 60-70 degrees.

As for no holster, have him sign up online and I'll add a NFC division in the morning.

Last edited:

Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    Also, I got a question about multiple guns. I'm okay with up to three entries per person. It's just an extra $5 each for the second and third ones.

Last edited:

Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    Official scores are now processed on the Steel Challenge website, anyone who told me their USPSA number was pending should now be classified. If you see any errors please let me know and I will fix them.

Top Bottom