• ...and so much more!
  • gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Pistol Caliber Carbine Match

Where: Atlanta Conservation Club (AAC)

When: March 19. Setup time 8, registration 8:45, safety meeting 9:15 with shots fired after meeting

Authorized Weapons: Long & Short barrel rifles chambered in 9MM/.40/.45 ACP calibers only for this match!

Registration URL: https://practiscore.com/acc-carbine-match-test-clone/register

Match fee: 10.00

Overview: After meeting with the Atlanta Conservation Club board of directors we were given a green light to run up to four matches at ACC this year. We are starting off our first match as a pilot to work through logistical issues and experiment with pistol-caliber carbines (PCC's) in lieu of larger calibers to gauge interest. For the first match we will be doing 3 squads of 10 with a mixture of steel and IDPA targets. Because of the steel and close ranges THIS WILL BE PISTOL CALIBER'S ONLY!

Hopefully the weather holds and we can have a great match! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    The Mike's

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ooooh! Coincidentally I have a 9mm PCC in "processing" stage at PSA. Looks like I may have a new game to play this year!
    Any optics limitations? (planning on a 1x red dot)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Ooooh! Coincidentally I have a 9mm PCC in "processing" stage at PSA. Looks like I may have a new game to play this year!
    Any optics limitations? (planning on a 1x red dot)

No optics limitations. We have categories for optics and irons for this match. When we do rifle rounds we will break the guns out a bit more into various categories: PCC, modern carbine, AK-style, main battle rifle, etc. For this match we wanted to try doing PCC only so we could work ALOT more steel into the match (The Texas star is making an appearance! ) and just gauge the interest level for a PCC only match. What we are learning is while most folks have an ar-15: PCC not so much.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Have a pistol caliber carbine in 9mm, Atlanta Indiana look like it a ways off though for us southerners.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Will you put up an AAR thread with some specifics, please?

I just found this thread. I would love to come next time, it is quite a haul for us NWI guys too.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Got a new PSA AR-9 on the way. Cant wait for the next one of these to give it a whirl.

Any limitations on optics?

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    Got a new PSA AR-9 on the way. Cant wait for the next one of these to give it a whirl.

Any limitations on optics?

No limitation. But you will have to be smart enough to figure out tactical priority - shoot left to right around the left side of a barrier right to left around the right side of a barrier.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Was the guy in the iron sights category an INGO member, if so what is his user name?

Top Bottom