• ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Hi guys -
    I don't own a 1911. I'm looking at a Springfield loaded model - or a few different loaded models :)
    Everyone praises the Range Officer also, but if I have the money, is there any drawback to the loaded (specifically a loaded operator)?
    I'm a lefty, and I'd like a rail if possible. Loaded comes set up with ambi, though I know I could add one easily to any 1911.
    The SA Loaded LBO (dubbed "loaded black operator" and "Long Beach operator" in some different interviews... for current production it seems to be the same gun) comes with ambi safety, small magwell, fixed sights (which I prefer), and a rail. Weight is 43 oz. They say it fits in the "box"

It seems that weight makes the cut for standard ("non-open") divisions in different sports, and it's only a half rail, so that's good too.
    Can I use this SA Loaded LBO in IDPA, USPSA, steel, bowling pins, etc against other factory guns??
    Thanks.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Everyone praises the Range Officer also, but if I have the money, is there any drawback to the loaded (specifically a loaded operator)?

Had one and it was ok, a bit more play in the fit than ideal but I can not say that it was not up to what you want it for.
    My nickel - the loaded is a mil spec with fancier cosmetics, nothing wrong with either but I would choose the mil spec- the r.o. is ready to do what you want except that you may choose to replace the firing control group - the trp is pricey but it might be the only buy once and cry once option if you are fussy about things.

For the shooting sport regulations, check your final weight with empty magazine carefully, particularly if you may add/change a magwell , go with extended basepads, install heavier grips.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Be certain the light rail is good for IDPA. I am not certain that it is.

Top Bottom