• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Riley Conservation Club will be hosting a .22 Rimfire Long Range Silhouette event on Sunday May 21, 2017.

This is a timed fire, accuracy oriented event. Rifles that can shoot 2 MOA are competitive. 22 Long Rifle only, no magnums or 17 cal.
    Targets will be at 75, 110, and 165 yards. Prone firing or from bench for those physically unable to shoot prone. Bipod or field pack front rest allowed, no sandbags.

9:30 am Registration
    10:15 am Shooters meeting & announcements
    10:30 am Sight in and zeroing
    11:00 am Shoot for score

Entry fees: Adult- $15 Stand alone junior-$10 Junior with paid adult- free
    Lewis class style payback, base on number of entries, allows middle class and newbies a chance to win pot money

Many thanks to those who attended our first match.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Not sure I understand the question. If you mean all rifles are fired as single shot, then yes. Hope that doesn't deter you. The folks with mag fed guns didn't see it as a disadvantage.

Last edited:

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Yeah, the other 2 choices were Mother's day or Memorial weekend Sunday. Lesser of 3 evils....June match is on 4th Sunday.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Not sure I understand the question. If you mean all rifles are fired as single shot, then yes. Hope that doesn't deter you. The folks with mag fed guns didn't see it as a disadvantage.

I'll be running around the bays that day, probably missing 25 yd. steel...but I'll definitely give you guys a look.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC

This is true. I shot a 10/22 and after settling my nerves I had plenty of time left on the clock every string of fire

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    If you plan to attend this match, kindly shoot me a pm or a email. Trying to get an idea of participants. Haven't seen a weather report yet, surely it won't be cool and thunderstorms!!!!

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Is this going to be a monthly event? I will be instructing in Liberty IN that weekend and won't be able to attend again. All the fun stuff happens on the same days.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Kudos to the RCC members that went out on a limb and voted to rebuild the range so we can hold multiple events at the same time, or a single event won't tie up the entire facility all day!!

We're shooting this match this coming Sunday and again on Sunday June 25 (4th Sunday). No match in July, then we'll look at the schedule thru October.

Went into a local gun shop the other day....owner said he'd heard we ran a good match, a participant came in and ordered a new rifle and scope....

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    Sorry guys. I know you'll be disappointed to hear I won't be in attendance this weekend.
    Long range regional at Atterbury won my attention.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    WHAT! CanX? Not enough participants? Weather?

Missing me already!

I'm expecting to visit soon and hope to shoot a bit. I'll plan to hand over my card then.

Perfect weather...walked over from the USPSA side to give a look, and it seemed like only about 4 people though?

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Yup, very poor turnout. Been reading INGO posts for a couple years from guys with 22 rifles and no events to shoot in. Offered a different game that makes it a challenge, not just paper punching, and any reasonably accurate 22 rifle can play. I understand folks that are heavily involved in other disciplines, it's all the other tire kicker no-shows that disappoint me. There always will be scheduling conflicts, maybe that's why there are no rifle events outside formal CMP competition.

It's a fun event. Hope it doesn't get relegated to locals only, or "5th Saturday of the month, twice a year" status.

Top Bottom