• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    Does anyone know of any other 2 gun matches in indiana other than the TSA matches in Batesville (which are GREAT)? I shoot there every month, but I would like to get a little more trigger time in this discipline.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Does anyone know of any other 2 gun matches in indiana other than the TSA matches in Batesville (which are GREAT)? I shoot there every month, but I would like to get a little more trigger time in this discipline.
    Is there online information about those matches?

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Tagging. Everything I have Hearst bout them make them sound like fun. Rifle and pistol are my favorite but hate shotty which is which I don't want to do a 3gun shotgun reload jackoff session.

i hear that there is at least a honor shoot that happens in Indiana once a year, saw a threads for the last few years.its two gun.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    FYI, the matches are on the 4th Sunday of each month at tri-county coon hunters range in Batesville, IN. To compete, you need a semi-auto rifle, a pistol or revolver, and at least 3 mags for each gun(speed loaders or moon clips for revolver). NO STEEL CORE AMMO! Bring at least 100 rnds of pistol and 100 rnds of rifle ammo. Holster and sling for rifle are a MUST. Shooters should arrive before 9:30 AM

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    What is the typical distance for the rifle portions of the stages?
    Scorpion with a red dot or AR with a 2.5x?

I have been shooting my scorpion this year. Last year I shot my AR. I run 1X reflex on both guns. Some guys use magnified optics. Some use iron sights. There is always one stage on the rifle range (max distance of 100 yds) and 3 pistol bay stages (I'm guessing max distance of 25 yds). I always try to bring new shooters every month, and I always tell them to bring what they have, and they will figure out if it works under the self-imposed pressure that the shot timer seems to bring out in people.

I was never a rifle shooter (still not great) before I got into this. I actually bought my first AR just to shoot TSA. The guys who run the matches are Top-notch! They were very supportive and they truly want everyone to have SAFE fun.

Match always consists of 1 limited count skills stage and 3 scenario stages. Think IDPA with more trigger time and using 2 guns on every stage!

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    CZ, thanks for the info that is just what I was wondering about. Now I just need to figure out if it's 5.56 or 9mm.
    I just shot my first steel challenge at Marion Co last week and had a blast and am looking at other opportunities to participate in some fun competitions.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    CZ, thanks for the info that is just what I was wondering about. Now I just need to figure out if it's 5.56 or 9mm.
    I just shot my first steel challenge at Marion Co last week and had a blast and am looking at other opportunities to participate in some fun competitions.

Good on Paper,

If you ever decide to make the trip, let me know. Don't want you standing on the side feeling like an outcast because you don't know anyone. I'll even cover your match fee the first time! Batesville isn't that far from Indy

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    This is some great info has always thought about 2 gun after reading this you guys have sparked my interest. I love steel matches and idpa but the pcc matches are the best. One thing gaming is fun and great people. Do they do 9 mm carbine for two gun? Would love to take my scorpion

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    This is some great info has always thought about 2 gun after reading this you guys have sparked my interest. I love steel matches and idpa but the pcc matches are the best. One thing gaming is fun and great people. Do they do 9 mm carbine for two gun? Would love to take my scorpion

As long as your scorpion has a stock, then YES! That's what I have been running this year. There are several of us that shoot PCCs in the carbine division. Any type of optical sight or iron sights will work. Same goes with ARs, AKs, SCARS, tavors, and any other detachable magazine fed MSR in the rifle division.

Top Bottom