Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It was a good match. The Briar Rabbit Range is a pretty cool place. It has tremendous potential for USPSA matches down the road. No shakey bridge this year and that is fine by me. Had a decent match. Never really got on track but it could have been a lot worse. Some curious doubles shoot all day long. I failed to take knee pads so I went prone once.
    [video=youtube;qHcU13QzxDU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHcU13QzxDU[/video]

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I really enjoyed this match despite the wheels falling off a few times. I had my first top 10 finish on a stage (our first stage). I had 2 mikes and 2 no shoots for the day all on one stage (stage 11). I then had a magazine not fall on stage 12.

Overall, a very fun match. I just made too many errors. I was 39th out of 102 and 65% overall in production. It was 13% better than 2016 (I only had 1 penalty last year)

CAMO66

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Effingham, IL.
    Had alot of fun at the match again like always but just seemed I never got everything to come together on a stage and way to many mikes. 2nd place L10 again and I really pissed this one away.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Totally had a blast. Almost cleaned the match. Fatigue caught up on the last 3 stages. A lot of should've/could've on my part, oh well, live and learn. Failed on table start, gambled on a disappearing target and failed. On the bright side, still better than last year.

Here are things not to do, take your pick.

[video=youtube;0EdDX7q1ht8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EdDX7q1ht8[/video]

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Totally had a blast. Almost cleaned the match. Fatigue caught up on the last 3 stages. A lot of should've/could've on my part, oh well, live and learn. Failed on table start, gambled on a disappearing target and failed. On the bright side, still better than last year.

Here are things not to do, take your pick...

That's like a clinic video for me, hap...:ar15:

So where is this range located in Ohio, does it take long to get to? I'm from there & have literally never fired a USPSA shot there. Going to have to give Oxford a shot sometime.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I was expecting that you'd stand on the fault line intentionally while shooting.
    I did on two other stages. But his required being outside with toes touching. No hand position was required. When I asked about hand position he said there was none. Which means it defaults to hands at sides but I did not take that bait.

He and I could probably get along if he was not so liberal.

On another note I did like how they were not all hyper about squarely facing this way or that way, which was the case for this match last year.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Dude, this is your prime. You just don't realize it yet!
    Not in the big picture. My mind still has the 22 year old version in the data banks. Those capabilities are gone. Long gone. I don't think I have one foot in the grave. The ground surprised me on the prone position. I did not rehearse it because I did not want to endure it twice. I just visualized it. The reality hurt more.

I should have packed knee pads. I knew where I was going.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Not in the big picture. My mind still has the 22 year old version in the data banks. Those capabilities are gone. Long gone. I don't think I have one foot in the grave. The ground surprised me on the prone position. I did not rehearse it because I did not want to endure it twice. I just visualized it. The reality hurt more.

I should have packed knee pads. I knew where I was going.

Hah!

Well, I sympathize. It's been so long since I capable of doing anything that it's just a dim memory now.

On Sunday at Atlanta, once of the classifiers required prone on one string and both knees on the ground on the second string, with six shots on each. I took the 12 procedurals and stay on my hind paws.

Top Bottom