The Mike's

Event Information:
    When: Sunday, July 16 2017
    Setup: 8-9 AM
    Shooters Meeting and Safety Briefing: 9:45
    Stages: 5 COF
    Round Count: TBD

Match Fee: $20/ $15 to ACC Members; $3 open bolt indicators

Atlanta Conservation Club (ACC) will be holding tactical carbine match Sunday morning July 16th. We ask everyone to Pre-register as this helps us with staff planning. The URL to pre-register is:

https://practiscore.com/acc-carbine-match-7-16-17/register

Second, weather can sometime be an issue, on days that weather is a concern please check INGunOwners - Indiana Gun Owners Community under "shooting sports" for any cancellations.

Open bolt indicators are mandatory for this match and will try to have a limited number for sale for $3. However, please bring your own if you have one. On arrival at match, please leave guns bagged until directed otherwise.

The safety briefing is MANDATORY for all shooters, miss the briefing miss the match!

Classifications:

Modern Carbine with Optics (ar-15/etc)
    Modern Carbine no Optic (ar-15/etc)
    World War II (M1 Carbine, K98, etc)
    Main Battle Rifle (.308 - FAL/SCAR-H/etc)
    Pistol Caliber Carbine (9mm/.40/.45 ACP)
    AK Style Carbine (7.62/5.45) -> classification MD's will be running to promote classification

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Shooting my first PCC match and I'll be running my 9mm AR. Basic equipment needs? (total approximate round count, number of mags/mag carriers, mag capacities, etc)

Also my particular PCC does not have a functioning bolt hold open. I presume just a chamber flag is fine?

Your expert guidance is appreciated.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Ok expert advice this is not but I can get you in the ball park. Round count I don't remember but I am the guy that always takes extra ( I am not very good) I have 250 rounds carry 100 with me extra in car. I have double mag pouch and a single so 3. Chamber flag is needed. Oh I forgot I take 4 mags but carry 3 again extra in car just with the extra ammo.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Shooting my first PCC match and I'll be running my 9mm AR. Basic equipment needs? (total approximate round count, number of mags/mag carriers, mag capacities, etc)

Also my particular PCC does not have a functioning bolt hold open. I presume just a chamber flag is fine?

Your expert guidance is appreciated.

Basic equipment load out for this is:

1) Chamber flag or OBI
    2) probably at least 3-4 mags in a mag carrier of sorts (If not stuffing them in your pocket is fine)
    3) We haven't put together the stages yet but I would bring ~200
    4) Bag or gun cart for your long-gun

and above all us else: make sure your gun works and you can manipulate it safely on the clock with mag changes and malfunctions.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

1) Chamber flag or OBI
    2) probably at least 3-4 mags in a mag carrier of sorts (If not stuffing them in your pocket is fine)

and above all us else: make sure your gun works and you can manipulate it safely on the clock with mag changes and malfunctions.

Thanks. 3-4 30 rounders? (I'm PCC, not rifle) I only have two. :( Any objection to more mag changes if so? I have PLENTY of 15s. I have no illusions of winning or even WITH more 30s, Just looking to have fun and be safe.

And all is good on the final point. She runs like a top (except for poor mag catch design making it useless) and I'm comfy running it. Ive run my AR through an Appleseed, so Im no stranger to timed runs with that platform.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Thanks. 3-4 30 rounders? (I'm PCC, not rifle) I only have two. :( Any objection to more mag changes if so? I have PLENTY of 15s. I have no illusions of winning or even WITH more 30s, Just looking to have fun and be safe.

And all is good on the final point. She runs like a top (except for poor mag catch design making it useless) and I'm comfy running it. Ive run my AR through an Appleseed, so Im no stranger to timed runs with that platform.

15's should be fine. We normally downgrade folks to 10 rounds per mag to force mag changes and weapons manipulation. We may have a couple of COF that specify max out on mags: but again that is TBD and up to the COF designer and we try to be flexible on this point. You should be fine with the gear you have. We have tried it multiple ways: high round count stages and folks show up with drum mags and we spend all day pasting. Low round count stages and they just are not as much fun. The sweat spot appears to be in the 20-30 round range with multiple reloads with 10 round mags. That seems to work and gets us off the range by 2-3 ish.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Well this sounds great

I will be shooting the AK division and I will bring 3 of my friends down who will also shoot AKs and we will all rock Addias Tracksuits and ski masks to get that sweet Chechen rebel/Russian gangster slav essence of the AK. Or maybe a Partizan camo oversuit and Telnyashka if I can find one to ship in time.

Anyways, is there pistol in this? Any rules to it? Would a CZ-75 work if there is a pistol component

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    15's should be fine. We normally downgrade folks to 10 rounds per mag to force mag changes and weapons manipulation. We may have a couple of COF that specify max out on mags: but again that is TBD and up to the COF designer and we try to be flexible on this point. You should be fine with the gear you have. We have tried it multiple ways: high round count stages and folks show up with drum mags and we spend all day pasting. Low round count stages and they just are not as much fun. The sweat spot appears to be in the 20-30 round range with multiple reloads with 10 round mags. That seems to work and gets us off the range by 2-3 ish.

I'M OUT! :patriot:

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton

1) Chamber flag or OBI

Are chest rigs and slings OK? The answer to this question dictates which gun I will bring.

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    Is there a standard ruleset to be aware of? I see IDPA on the practiscore page but is it an informal amalgam or based off of PCC rules? I want to know if I should bring a dump pouch for retaining mags.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    All,

To answer a couple of questions (And thanks to those that already provided answers to most of the questions)

1) YES - We will be using Bay 0 which is the 55 yard bay for this match.
    2) The rule set will be loosely based upon IDPA: but with a couple big exceptions: a) no retrieving mags on the ground so need to retain mags and no procedures for having rounds still in the mag dumped on the ground b) I plan on wearing a chest vest and you are welcome to use what works best for YOU! Level 4 body armor, chest-vest, or even mag carrier on your belt are all completely fine. As long as it doesn't pose a safety issue we don't have a problem with it. C) Absolutely positively no pistols can be used during the match. If you have a handgun that is part of your setup you are more then welcome to wear it as long as it is unloaded and it stays holsters. SBR's are completely fine as are suppressors as long as the timer can pick it up. If it can't we will ask you to remove it to avoid re-shoots. D) 10 rounds per mag unless otherwise specified by the COF. High-cap mags are fine as long as they are downloaded to 10 rounds. We have found 10 rounds per mag is the right number to keep the match moving and present a challenge of weapon manipulation and avoids pasting 60 shoots on a stage.

Thanks

Last edited:
    Top Bottom