Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Royce and I are out here at the Mile High Show Down. Half of there stages make the last SNS Casting Indiana 400 look like a hosefest. Partial targets, hard positions and small steel plates, memory stages that are very difficult. Partial targets on swingers that GM's have to shoot one round per pass. Walking stages watching staff shoot today it looked tough.

There format is a little different. More on that later.

Kind words are non existent. Anyone asking a question is directed to the squad matrix on the stats shack with no words of encouragement. This place might really pan out.

It is 29 miles from the hotel to the range. Going back and fourth today I think we saw a grand total of six vehicles once off I-70. Very scenic, plenty of cows and a few horses. Saw and deer and some type of antelope. Pike's Peak can been seen in the distance for most of the drive. Colorado Springs is 75 miles away and Pike' Peak is on the far side and outside of town. Very scenic to say the least.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Got off 70 headed to range this morning. Got stopped by a herd of cattle in the road. The thing about dry heat is that it is still heat. It was not hot today at all and especially under the cloud filled sky after lunch. Wind, they have it in Colorado. Pretty sure 2 of my 4 delta today were due to wind on long shots. This afternoon the weather was perfect. I have never shot a match in better weather ever.

Shot eight of twelve stages today. No mikes, no penalties and four delta total. It is points match in a big way. I think my squad has shot the toughest of the stages. It was a long day of survival. Got going a bit better after lunch. The memory and the longest shots are out of the way.

My squad took a hit this morning. An open shooter Dq'ed after one shot. Did a reload beyond the 180 after inadvertently dropping his mag. His wife withdrew and left as well. Another Open shooter got it on our last stage. Also a 180 I believe. They take it seriously here.

There was a dog on the range the whole day. It never sniffed a crotch that I saw. Was not tied to the registration table or the safe area, or tied up at all. So no the thing did not belong to Steve Anderson. This was the first dog on the range that I did not have the urge to shoot. Some sort of a Collie. Tall bastard for a collie.

Head shots are referred as nuggets here. Don't know why. Did not ask. These people don't really like answering questions. I understand where they are coming from.
    I cannot upload pictures successfully here any longer or I would post some.

I hope the weather is the same tomorrow. We should be done shooting by noon. Royce and I will be headed to Colorado Springs after the match. Will try and post video tomorrow night.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Sounds like fun! Safe travels.

Maybe be install one of these on your truck?
    cowcatcher.jpg

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    If you want to look up something amazing in Colorado Springs, google Manitou Incline. It's exercise, a **** ton of exercise, a former Olympic training area I believe. Basically the worlds toughest stair hike, goes straight up into the mountains. You will see these 60-70yr old men literally run past you 4 times while you are dying to catch your breath on one trip up.

If you have time to drive to Boulder I would highly recommend it. Probably my second favorite place out there next to Steamboat Springs.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Finished 9th out of 54 in Limited. Shot 93.88% of the points. Only four delta for the match. Just too slow. Shot steel like a sissy at times. Better on steel this morning and yesterday afternoon. Royce is working on video right now.

We shot and got out of there. Sitting in Glenwood Springs now. Have already been up to Doc Holidays grave. That was a hike. The bikini clad ladies on the trail were a nice surprise.

Going to Crystal tomorrow and then down to the Pikes Peak Area.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    [video=youtube;IDpuBNRDdOU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDpuBNRDdOU[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    In general, or just the guys who can't see their feet?
    In genral this guy made the hits. I did see a few shops that I assume was what you were hinting about earlier. Some some real hippie types as well.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    In genral this guy made the hits. I did see a few shops that I assume was what you were hinting about earlier. Some some real hippie types as well.

Rumor has it that the stuff can really mess with your sentences.

Going to make it to that match one day! Thanks for posting the videos.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Rumor has it that the stuff can really mess with your sentences.

Going to make it to that match one day! Thanks for posting the videos.
    It was the near death experiences yesterday on the trail to Crystal that messed with me. I am almost calmed down today.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Dang...there's so many worm-burners in those stages...it looked like you were checking your muskrat traps...

Top Bottom