• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    So today I told myself this is the last time I go to a shoot without proper belt, holster, mag holster, etc. I belong to a gun club, we basically do just friendly competitions. I shoot a 1911 Dan Wesson Valor, and I would like to be able to carry at least 6 mags. Lots of the belts have velcro, and i'm not fan of that, for various reasons. I don't want to spend too much, but i also would rather buy once, not wish i would have gotten it right the first time. I doubt I ever get into anything really serious, just friendly competitions. (because i really, truly suck at it sometimes)
    Thoughts?
    thanks!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Ebay, there's leather 1911 stuff both old and new. Brauer Bros. and Lawrence Leather holsters can be had along with mag pouches and leather belts.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have a wilderness instructor belt that I've worn almost daily for a few years. I was worried about lint, but it has never seemed to be an issue.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Still researching. I'm kinda lost as to what all I need to buy for a complete setup. Looked at DAA, and it looks like i'd have to spend at least $300 for the belt, holster and 6 magazine holders. I'm confused about what works with what. I really don't want to keep stuffing magazines in my pockets and fumbling around for them at every shoot. To compound matters, I'm working on losing weight, and I'm kinda between 38 and 40 waist right now. (Can't believe i just posted that!) Any pics of complete setups that you guys have and like? I'm not normally so helpless, but i'm not finding all the info i need.

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've got the plain Jane Bladetech. I paid about $50 for it a few years ago. I carried a full size 1911 on it, a couple of mag pouches and a good fixed blade knife.
    I wear it daily in any weather without worry. It holds it's shape, holds my weapons and mags securely and close to my body.
    It's a good solid belt, standard latch included. Belt buckle loop is secured with a pair of allen screws set into the fold.
    Well made belt. Nothing fancy but works well for me.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Still researching. I'm kinda lost as to what all I need to buy for a complete setup. Looked at DAA, and it looks like i'd have to spend at least $300 for the belt, holster and 6 magazine holders. I'm confused about what works with what. I really don't want to keep stuffing magazines in my pockets and fumbling around for them at every shoot. To compound matters, I'm working on losing weight, and I'm kinda between 38 and 40 waist right now. (Can't believe i just posted that!) Any pics of complete setups that you guys have and like? I'm not normally so helpless, but i'm not finding all the info i need.

Double Alpha Belt.
    CR Speed Mag Carriers.
    Bladetech Dropped Offset Holster.

I use that combo on several of my rigs.

I would buy the Double Alpha belt one size larger than what your waste measures.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEa_CtabLQI&t=54s

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Double Alpha Belt.
    CR Speed Mag Carriers.

I would buy the Double Alpha belt one size larger than what your waste measures.

Would I need anything else to mount the holster and magazine carriers? This sounds like something I'd want, I've given up finding something without Velcro. Thanks.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    I have been using a carry belt (either leather from bigfootgunbelts or nylon material from snakeatertactical - both are recommended), and some kydex mag pouches. Also was using a drop holster. Holster and mag pouches were from GCode holsters. I've done about 10 USPSA matches with that setup, and it worked fine, but wasn't totally optimal.

I picked up a new gun, and then ordered a new complete rig from RedHillTactical. I went with the DAA Belt, DAA Racer Mag Pouches, and the RHT holster/drop mount.

You can see the package here:

Custom Kydex Double Layer Competition Holster | Red Hill Tactical

It was on sale last month for just under $300, which is pretty decent deal. I like the mag pouches as they are adjustable to fit basically any mag out there. It's a little bit of a chore to initially set everything up, but once it's all mounted you shouldn't have to mess with it for a while.

Here's a pic of my setup:

http://i.imgur.com/Ls7XLD4.jpg

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Now I am wondering if i should get a 42" belt, in case i want it to hit a little lower than my waist. I've also noticed that a lot of people don't use their belt loops, they leave their shirt untucked and wear the belt over it. I think that is what i would do, at least at first.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Now I am wondering if i should get a 42" belt, in case i want it to hit a little lower than my waist. I've also noticed that a lot of people don't use their belt loops, they leave their shirt untucked and wear the belt over it. I think that is what i would do, at least at first.

For USPSA you have to use belt loops per rules. At least for the inner belt on a 2 piece belt.
    Can't imagine a belt would stay put for a draw or reloads without being thru belt loops.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Double Alpha Belt.
    CR Speed Mag Carriers.

which of these Bladetech holsters? Thanks
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0093XO8EO/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1JPYG8NSW5Q0I&colid=23WDMKTQBG9WQ
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0093XO7GI/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3BPSFGBIM5KIO&colid=23WDMKTQBG9WQ

Top Bottom