• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Looking for clarification on the meaning and probably stirring a hornets nest. Not really what I want though.

I see holsters like the Boss holder and others on guns and I know red Hill makes a fine one as well for Carry Optics.

Then I read the rules and well they don't seem to match. Maybe it's just me. I would like a better explanation please.

( I am sure I have over looked something some where. )

Suitable for everyday use. “Race gun”
    type holster prohibited.

May not be
    manufactured or cut lower than, and
    must cover the slide up to, 1/2” below
    the ejection port (belt slide “Yaqui”
    type holster exempt).

The drop offset
    type holster is allowed in Carry Optics
    Division as long as the heel of the butt
    of the gun is above the belt per 5.2.7.2
    and the rest of the criteria are met.

Each magazine must be contained

What defines " Race Holster"

Last edited:

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Race holsters does not cover the front slide or has no cover at all so you can draw the gun forward instead if lifting it up to clear the holster.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Yeah I understand but where it said" any gun suitable for everyday use " Kinda got me wondering.

I don't see many Boss holster hangars on everyday rigs.

That is where the " GRAY " and " GREY" comes in.

Yes 2 inches from the inside of the belt. Perfect.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Ok thanks.

Is there any chance you might know who killed Kennedy? Just thought I would check anyway.

We are never going to know at this point. It was not properly investigated at the time. Too many people have died and too much evidence has been destroyed. What we can say without question is that the official story is not true and those that issued the official story knew it was not true. Arlen Spector should have been shot for treason as the architect of the Single Bullet Theory.

I will agree with the grumpy old man from the southern part of Indiana that the mob is a real good guess or theory. But proof is lacking.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Chicago mob, Joe Kennedy (Father) made a deal for votes as Illinois was seen as an important state for JFK & a possible win for Nixon. When Joe reneged things got nasty.

Lots easier than holster rules & etc..
    Illinois has been cheating for the Democrats for a long time. The tradition remains strong.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This was a line from the movie Armageddon. But the two seem comparable in difficulty.
    I understand where you are coming from. I think race holsters should be easier.

If the holster covers more than the trigger guard it is not a race holster. If you have to pull up for a few inches the holster is not a race holster. If the gun had to put inside the holster is not race in style. As simple as that seems there are always complications. Plus gamers are always pushing the envelope, which is generally a good thing in my mind.

Plus the writing ability of the people who have in the past written the rulebook and a number of other things for the organization leaves much to be desired. They could be more specific and more clear and this (holsters) is a perfect example.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ok thanks.

Is there any chance you might know who killed Kennedy? Just thought I would check anyway.

Which Kennedy? Most recently, God seems to be taking them out one by one. Took a while to get his hands on Teddy.

The story on JFK is a little murky, well, a lot murky, but I think some team work was involved in the planning, execution, "investigation," and story telling afterward.

Not sure if anyone cares about RFK.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    May not be
    manufactured or cut lower than, and
    must cover the slide up to, 1/2” below
    the ejection port

This is really the key difference between a race holster and non-race holster. non-race holster forces you to lift the gun to clear the point 1/2" below the ejection port. For something like my G34, that's ~4.5" the gun has to lift to clear the holster. My Ghost race holster, to contrast, only needs to lift about 1/4." I don't think this one is too hard or needs re-written at all. Some new non-race holsters, eg the Boss, look "racy" due to the mounts and adjustability, etc, but in the end it's still a non-race gun-bucket covering the slide at least 1/2" below the ejection port.....

-rvb

Top Bottom