Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Anyone have the obsolete .45 caliber revolver set up for moon clips laying around that they want to sell cheap?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The six rounders are obsolete in USPSA because everyone changed over to an 8 rounder and became a GM as a result. Looking to make a purchase but it must moon clip ready.

Since the six rounders are obsolete they should have bargain basement pricing.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Should this be here or in WTB?

There are a few 9mm revolvers that use moon clips in case that would do. I have a couple and I think that there are a few still being made so you should be able to find one of those.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The six rounders are obsolete in USPSA because everyone changed over to an 8 rounder and became a GM as a result. Looking to make a purchase but it must moon clip ready.

Since the six rounders are obsolete they should have bargain basement pricing.

Translation to rhino-speak:

Amish guns are now obsolete in USPSA because everyone switched to Mennonite guns.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Should this be here or in WTB?

There are a few 9mm revolvers that use moon clips in case that would do. I have a couple and I think that there are a few still being made so you should be able to find one of those.
    Not many non USPSA/IDA types there.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Coach, is this going to be your first moon clip revolver? And is it for competition?
    If it turns out to be moon clip that is fine. If not ok. No it is not going to be for competition. The purpose will be more novelty and utilitarian in use. Plus this is a back burner issue. Just testing the waters to see what is available. Seems quiet on the obsolete comp gun market.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If it turns out to be moon clip that is fine. If not ok. No it is not going to be for competition. The purpose will be more novelty and utilitarian in use. Plus this is a back burner issue. Just testing the waters to see what is available. Seems quiet on the obsolete comp gun market.

You need a Schofield.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I actually would go that way. I can see benefits. Too bad that design never really caught on in this country.

When we get even older, we should do the cowboy actions/SASS game.

However, I am dismayed that the number of sheep who must give their lives for my fluffy sheepskin chaps. WAIT! Are we still talking about shooting??

Top Bottom