• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    Wildcat Valley Rifle and Pistol Club will be hosting another ICORE match on August 26th. Match will consist of 6 stages with a current round count of 135. We will have one classifier (CS-025), some high speed steel challenge, two large field courses, and two pro-am style steel stages. This is the first time we'll be running a par time steel course so I'm interested to see how everyone likes it. As always, I appreciate all of the help I can get with Friday night set-up and I'll be there by 4PM to get things going.

Cost is $15 for the first gun and $5 for each additional entry
    R.O. and set-up help shoot for FREE.

Gates open at 8:00
    Registration opens at 9:00
    Shooter's meeting at 9:45
    Shots fired at 10:00

Registration Link: https://practiscore.com/wvrpc-icore-2017-08-26/register

Lastly, please remember that WVRPC is a Cold Range on match days. That means no gun handling except in designated Safe Areas or as directed on the firing line by a Range Officer. The only time where a firearm may be removed from a case or holster is in one of these two locations. The parking lot is not a safe area. Handling your firearm in the parking lot or trunk of your car will result in a match disqualification. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS WHATSOEVER TO THIS RULE

Last edited:

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I would like to shoot this match. It sounds fun, but I may have another obligation I need to take care of. I do have a few questions. It has been a while since I shot this at your range and need a little more info.

- Are rimfire revolvers allowed? I have a 617 that shoots great and would be fun to shoot at this match, along with my 627.
    - Do you also draw rimfire revolvers from a holster? Steel Challenge does not, so I wondered how you guys do this. My holster fits most all my revolvers, so not an issue.
    - How many maximum speedloaders would be needed? Right now I have one with a loading block for the 617. I should be able to borrow a few more, though.
    - Is each stage shot once or multiple times?

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully, I will be able able to attend.

Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    Nobody has brought a rimfire so far but I would certainly let you shoot it. If you squad up with me that would be beneficial since we don't have a method in place for rimfire guns yet. As for start condition, if it fits in your holster that's what I would recommend to keep things consistent with centerfire guns. The round count for this match is 136 with 18-26 rounds per stage so you'll need two speedloaders for the 617 at a minimum. As well, each stage is shot once aside from the steel challenge style stage which will be five strings in total. Hope to see you there.

Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    Just a reminder that we'll be starting set-up at 4PM today, if you can come out to help that would be greatly appreciated!

Top Bottom