Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 128
  1. #101
    Somewhat Purple-ish rhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    23,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Class is overrated.
    I shall never know . . . I have none.



    "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    To prevail you must ACT!

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    I shall never know . . . I have none.
    I agree and I will join you in that group. I think it is like speed. Overrated.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

    www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

    abright@ccrtc.com


  3. #103
    11 pages...
    I will never get this time back and now feel just a little bit dumber
    "Well Jakey, it's a bit ambitious" -Ken Skeeters

  4. #104
    one happy gunner happygunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    4 Seasons
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by jakemartens View Post
    11 pages...
    I will never get this time back and now feel just a little bit dumber
    11?? I only have 3 pages.

  5. #105
    Master riverman67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Morgan County
    Posts
    3,211
    Quote Originally Posted by jakemartens View Post
    11 pages...
    I will never get this time back and now feel just a little bit dumber
    It was fun
    Admit it.
    Luddite Crumudgeon #1

  6. #106
    Master riverman67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Morgan County
    Posts
    3,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I agree and I will join you in that group. I think it is like speed. Overrated.
    I will never know
    No class and no speed
    Luddite Crumudgeon #1

  7. #107
    Sharpshooter
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Posts
    717
    Come down tomorrow, should be worth another page or two.

  8. #108
    Expert Bosshoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Patoka Lake
    Posts
    1,554
    Quote Originally Posted by jakemartens View Post
    11 pages...
    I will never get this time back and now feel just a little bit dumber
    Well that was helpful

  9. #109
    Plinker Latewatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Henryville, IN
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by colt22man View Post
    Come down tomorrow, should be worth another page or two.
    I plan on adding to the PCC saga tomorrow..............
    You must prepare your mind for where your body may have to go.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosshoss View Post
    Well that was helpful
    I do my best to stay out of these things
    But here you go

    -PCC is provisions, suggestions are welcomed.
    -If you are a match director and do not want to recognize the division that will still be an option
    -If you recognize the division then you should treat it the same as any other division, do not alter your stages for PCC, there is no reason to do this
    -Do not over think it, the more you try "enforce" local rules the more confusing and less consistent the handling of a pcc will be
    -Follow the rules just like you do with any other division
    -start positions are easy to add to WSB, low ready, stock on belt, muzzle touching etc
    -condition of the pcc should be the same as the handgun, i.e. unloaded start defaults to the same has handgun "hammer down, bolt closed" not safety on, you don't have safety on the handgun
    -reloads from pockets are fine, just like in all the other divisions

    The simpler you make it the easier it is, that doesn't mean less safe.
    -Staging area, side berm, bagged, bring to line flagged, muzzle up or down
    -no handling outside of these areas other than a safe table
    -Unload, show clear, hammer down, flag, This is exactly the same has a handgun, just change holster to flag.

    Why hammer, down, same reason you hammer down on a handgun, to ensure that the chamber is clear and there is no ammo
    So yeah you have to bring the bolt back to flag, but now you know for sure that there was not a round in the gun and there is a visible flag.

    Flagging, you are responsible for your flag, just like you are responsible for your holster, learn how to unload, show clear, hammer down and flag your PCC.

    Just like at the begining of your shooters meeting you say things like
    "no gun handling except at the safe table and no ammo at the safe table"
    you add
    "PCC's in a bag or flagged on a cart, bag and unbag in side berm, must be flagged, muzzle up or down to the start position, no sight picture or other handling unless at a safe table"
    "Sweeping yourself or any one else is a dq"

    Over the last year and half I have been to matches all over the country, the more you try to complicate things the harder it is for people, the competitor and the RO, to make sure that they are doing what you want.
    I have not been to a range yet that doesn't have a side berm, keep it simple.
    Sweeping, make it clear, a flagged PCC can only be muzzle up or down when transporting or in a bag/cart

    I said that suggestions are welcome and I mean that.
    However I really mean suggestions, not "PCC is dumb get rid of if"
    "I have seen more people get sweeped and we shouldn't have it" You are an RO, did you address this or just want to complain? Because two weeks after a match what would you like for USPSA to do?
    What we have done is give a set of rules and best practices, and as RO's asked that they be enforced just like we ask you to enforce handgun rules.

    "I don't like it" - well that is a great suggestions, I would bet that some people don't like open because it is loud, or revolver because you sweep yourself when you reload..I don't like classic targets but they are at matches so I can either pound sand or shoot.

    If you are an RO, learn the rules and the commands, don't make up stuff, don't make your own interpretations.

    "Well Jakey, it's a bit ambitious" -Ken Skeeters

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •